09. You're The Amazing One

(A/N- welcome to the second update of the day!! One more after this!  Enjoy, darlings!!  xx )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked down the stairs to locate my parents.  Harry was timidly trailing behind.  I tried to reassure him that everything would be fine but I certainly understand his apprehension.  I hear my parents’ voices in the kitchen and we make our way towards the room.

“Mum, Dad……This is Harry Styles.” I begin and my parents turn their attention onto the two of us.  Harry being very close to my side so that our shoulders are touching.

“Harry, these are my parents, Bobby and Maura Horan.”

“It’s a pleasure to meet you Harry.” My dad says and offers his hand to Harry to shake.  Harry accepts my father’s hand.  “It’s a pleasure to meet you as well Dr. Horan, and Mrs. Horan.” He says and releases my father’s hand and gives my mother a kiss on each cheek.

“Please Harry, do call us Bobby and Maura.” My mother says to which my father nods in agreement.

“Well we brought home dinner.  Harry will you be joining us?” Asks my father.

“Yes, if it’s no trouble.” He responds

“Of course not, dear.  We would be delighted to have you.” replies mum and leads Harry over to the table where my parents have already set up the dinner.

“Please, sit” My father says to all of us and we all take our seats.  We all know the discussion that has to be had but it is like we are putting it off for now.  It appears my parents would like to get to know Harry a little before we start discussing the heavy topic on all of our minds.  My mum serves us each a plate and then makes a plate of food for herself.  We all begin to eat.

“Your last name is Styles?” My father questions and looks to Harry.

“Yes, Dr. H- umm, Bobby.” He responds and my dad smiles at his awkwardness.

“Styles….I’ve heard that name before…..” He pauses and looks to Harry.

“My father is Des Styles.  He is a family attorney.” He responds almost like a question and shrugs his shoulders.

“Ah yes.  I have heard of your father.  Some of my patients have used his law firm for legal work when needing a lawyer to draw up documents for surrogacy.  You father has a very good reputation in the legal world.  I have heard great things and I have referred several of my surrogacy patients to his firm.”

“I am sure he appreciates it.  Thank you.”

“If I’m not mistaken, your grandfather is also a lawyer, correct?”

“Yes, sir”

“Is that what your plans are?  Follow in your father’s and grandfather’s footsteps?”

“Yes.   I was accepted to Cambridge to study Law.  My great grandfather was also a lawyer so I guess it’s in the blood.” Harry says, half sad and half happy.  Sad because his plans are obviously going to change and happy because he made a slight joke.

“That’s quite impressive, being accepted to Cambridge.  Your parents must be very proud.” My mother says, joining in on the conversation.

“Harry is an honor student” I add and Harry blushes.

“That’s very good, Harry.” My dad says and the conversation begins to die down.  We eat a little more and everyone just looks at each other waiting for someone to break the ice on the conversation that needs to take place.  I am actually surprised when it is Harry that says something first.