01. I'm Sorry

(A/N - So because I am so amazing....haha.... I have decided to post chapter one for you even though I said I wouldn't until the last chapter of Anything For You was posted.  But I just thought,,,why not?  This chapter is a bit short, but it's just the beginning.  I'll probably post chapter two in a couple days.  Enjoy!!)

~~~~~~~~~~

“Niall honey, you’ll be late for school if you don’t get up now.” My mum called up the stairs to me.  I groan and reluctantly pull myself out of my bed and make my way to my shower.

Once I am ready for the day, I join my family for breakfast.

“You have a game tonight, don’t you.” my dad asks me as he is reading the morning paper.

“Yes.  It begins at seven.  Are you guys coming?”

“Of course sweet heart” my mum replies.

“Greg?” I ask

“You know it little brother.” He replies and ruffles my hair.

My home life is your typical happy family.  My parents have been happily married for almost twenty five years.  My older brother and I get along really well and we are what you would call wealthy, I guess. 

We live in a gated community in a large six bedroom house.  We even have a two bedroom guest house in the back with its own private driveway.  My mother has always been a stay at home mum.  She does all of the cleaning, cooking and other house hold chores, while my dad is one of the top reproductive physicians in the UK.  Couples from all over England come to see my father for fertility issues.

My brother Greg is in his second year of Uni and is pre-med.  He plans on becoming a Pediatrician.  That is what I will go to school for as well, except maybe I’ll go into a different field of medicine.  I have already been accepted, early admission, to the University of London. 

I’m a straight A student, the captain of the football team, and one of the most popular guys in my school.  It is like a family thing.  My parents were high school sweethearts and were both very popular in school, married after my father was finished with med school and had my brother and me shortly after. 

Greg was an excellent student, voted most popular and was also the captain of the football team.  He is still with his high school girlfriend and they will likely marry after he is finished with med school.  It’s a Horan family pattern.  The only thing I have not accomplished was finding my high school sweetheart and it is a month into my senior year.

Of course my parents don’t say anything but I know they want me in a relationship.  The only thing that they don’t know is that I am gay, so even if I do find my high school sweetheart, the person won’t be a girl.  I can’t tell them yet.  I don’t want to disappoint them.  Not that they will be against it because my dad assists same sex couples have children through surrogacy at his medical practice, but I know that the dream is to follow in theirs and my brother’s footsteps.  I’ll obviously have to come out to them eventually, but I just can’t now.  No one knows.  Not even my best mates.  I do go out on dates with some of the girls in the school just to keep up with my ‘straight’ persona, but obviously none of those dates have ever lead to anything but maybe a kiss here or there.