chapter 15

Yay another crappy chapter DX

BUTTTT if you love the story then vote comment and add to your library.

p.s. If you do add it to your library I’ll dedicate a chapter to you~ SO HURRY BEFORE THE STORY ENDS! AND IT’S LIKE HALF WAY OVER ALREADY!!!!!!! *cries*

Chapter 15

Mr. Peak lets us go home for the day. Alex was pretty happy seeing as how he was going to skip today anyways. Helena has to go back to work so she leaves the school with a simple wave of the hand and takes off to the café.

"Now that we don't have school. What do ya wanna do?" Alex asks slipping into his car and turning the key until the engine starts up.

I shrug my shoulders and lean back in the reclined passenger's seat.

"Well I don't want to go home, and it’s too early for lunch..." He groans and starts tapping the steering wheel with his fingers. "Why is there nothing good to do in this town!?"

"There has to be something." I tell him.

"Well I guess we could get a Christmas tree. I saw a sign on the way to school saying they have them."

My eyes brighten and I sit up, "I've never had a real Christmas tree!"

Alex opens his mouth in shock, "You've never had a real Christmas tree?! That's just crazy! The best part of Christmas, other than the presents and cookies of course!" I laugh a little at his excitement. "Well that's what we're going to do today! Get a Christmas tree! Then we'll eat lunch, pizza, I really want pizza and last we'll Uh well I'll think of something later." He pulls out of the parking lot and heads towards home.

Just like Alex had said there was a sign about half way from home and school reading, 'Christmas trees'. The excitement in his eyes sparks up again as we pull into the long rocky driveway. The car bumps along the gravel pathway until we reach a warm looking house with a fake smiling snowman in the grassy yard.

Alex knocks three times on the brown wooden door just hard enough to get the attention of the people inside. A few soft footsteps are heard. The door squeaks open reviling an older woman. Her graying hair was pinned neatly up into a bun. On her pointed nose was a pair of honey-suckle colored glasses hiding her blue gray eyes. The woman look tired, like she had seen better days.

"Hello?" She asks in a horse tone.

"Hello ma’am." Alex smiles down at the lady. "I saw you sign saying you have Christmas trees." He reaches up and scratches the back of his Heaney nervously as the woman stares blankly at him.

"Oh! Of course," she stops and fitfully coughs.  "The Christmas trees."

Alex catches my eye and glances worryingly towards the old woman, "You think she's okay?" He mouths.

I shrug.

"You want to buy one, yes?" We nod. "Shouldn't you two be at school?"

"We got sent home early because of an issue with the school newspaper." The woman snarls.