ChApTeR tWo~

VOTE!!!...Please...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Leo, your parents were killed.”

The moment she says this it feels like time stops. Memories start fading back into my head, the screams and calls for help. I remember going to bed not saying goodnight to my parents. The next thing I know my brother’s screams wake me up. My big sister runs into my room. She tells me to hide. I run to my closet and sit on the messy ground. I silently cry wishing that it was all just a dream.

 I feel a tear run down my cheek. Helena shakes her head, tears forming in her eyes. "It was too soon, I knew I shouldn't have told you, but I figured you should know." I don't reply, I simply run off to the small bathroom Alex had shown me earlier that night. I lock the close the door and start digging through the drawers, then I find what I was looking for. I sit down on the toilet and stare at the razor. Taking my own life may seem like a spur of the moment thing, but I no longer had a life. What would be the difference? I hesitantly roll up my sleeve and stare blankly at my wrist. I slowly move the blade,

"Leo?!" Alex yells. He sounds kinda panicky, i hear footsteps nearing me. The blade slips and I cut too far up. I then remember that I didn't lock the door. I quickly grab a handful of paper towels and push down on my wrist. Right as Alex opens the door I shake my arm so my black jacket covers my fresh cut. 

 "Leo! I'm so sorry I should have told you when you asked why your parents went there." He cries. His face was all blotchy. I wondered why he was crying, now that I remember he's certainly not my cousin. I'd never even met him before.

"Who are you?" I ask in between sobs.

Alex sighs and leans up against the pale yellow wall, "My name is James Alexander Johnson, I was adopted by Helena Johnson fifteen years ago. Helena loves kids and helping people, once she found out about you she jumped at the chance to help. You couldn't stay with your relatives because the people who killed your family are still out there." He sighs again and looks at his feet, "There afraid that the killers might come looking for you."  I freeze. "They might be looking for me?!" Once again tears start pouring down my face. I have to live the rest of my life in fear, always nervous, alleyways having that feeling that someone is watching me. Alex walks over and embraces me in a hug. I stand there not knowing whether I should hug back or not, eventually I decide, I gently hug him back and let everything out.

I'm not sure how long we stay like this. Minutes seemed like hours. Alex didn't seem to care at all. He patted my back and told me everything would work out just fine. I knew he couldn't be certain, but the fact that even though he just met me he cares this much, made me feel a tiny bit better. We stand there until I run out of tears and until I'm so exhausted I can no longer stay awake. Alex notices how tired I am and helps me back into our room. I fall down on my bed and pass out.

When I wake up I feel warmth surrounding me. I smiles, was it all just a bad dream? When I open my eyes will I be back in my room. The sunlight coming through, the floor to ceiling window, will welcome me to another normal day.

The suddenly I feel the warmth shift. I open my eyes. No light blue walls. No window. My smile quickly fades to a frown. I start crying again, whimpering every now and then.

"L-Leo?" Alex's moans. The warmth shift again. I realize that Alex was holding me. I move so I can see him.

His blue eyes look worried, and the black circles under them showed that he got hardly any sleep.

"Are you okay?"

I shake my head. of course I'm not okay. I heard the murder of my family. I'll never be okay!