Chapter Four~

D: still no new comments or favs.........i hope it's just because I'm not very popular on here.....BUT ANYWHOOO IMMA KEEP WIRTING NO MATTER WHAT~!!!!!!

Comment and I'll love you :3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the next week Alex follows me everywhere, he tried following me into the bathroom, but I told I'd be fine so he patiently waited outside the door. I like having him around me, although he sort of made me feel like a little kid. He helps out with everything I do. After about a week I admit I was getting pretty annoyed with it. So today when he tried to help out with lunch I finally told him how I felt.

"A-Alex!" I frown. I was just making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I think I could do it myself!

"It's okay Leo, I can do it for you." Alex says grabbing the butter knife from me and scoops out some peanut butter.

"Alex! I can do it myself! I know how to make a sandwich!" he sees that I'm aggravated and frowns.

"I was just trying to help." He mutters. Now it was my turn to frown. He was just trying to help. I should have let it go. Now I owe him an explanation of why I was so irritated. I sigh, "I'm not a baby. I don't need all this help." I blush and smile a little, "a-although I think it's-" Alex stops me with a hug.

"I'm sorry Leo! I was just concerned. I was just trying to make sure nothing got you upset, so that you wouldn't... Well you know." So he thought I was going to try and kill myself again? I don't know whether to be mad at him or thank him for caring. I stare blankly at the wall until I've made up my mind. "I'm not going to do that again." I promise him.

Alex releases me from his tight hug. He looks into my eyes and says, "Good because I don't think I could live without you." He leaves me speechless in the kitchen, where I stay until Helena arrives home.

Dinner that night was very awkward. Alex didn't say anything at all. Helena suspiciously looks at the two of us the whole time. I feel uncomfortable and for the first time I wish the small wooden table would be larger so I wouldn't have to be so close to both of them. Once we're done and Helena tells us we can leave, I head straight for Alex and my room. I lay down on my bed, it sinks in around me. I look at the glow-in-the dark stars taped to the ceiling, I remember last week when he told me the story behind them.

 Back before Alex was adopted and was still living with his foster family, he was afraid the dark. His fear was so overwhelming that He cried every night. His foster family was getting fed up with it, they had two kids of their own and one was in school. With Alex's cries it made it hard to sleep. Finally one day when his foster mother went shopping she found the stars. Once they were hung on his ceiling Alex stopped crying, giving the whole family more peace. Helena found out about the stars the day she adopted him and gladly bought them for him. Ever since he's had a hard time sleeping without them.

By now I had closed my eyes and was getting pretty drossy. I hear the door open then close, next I feel the bed sink in more. Alex covers himself in the blue and white quilt like he does every night and wraps his arm around me. Before I know it I drift off to sleep.

"Colby, where are you?" I hear my mother ask. I open my mouth to answer him but before I even can make a sound, someone's cold hand covers it. I jump and look over at who did it.

"Shh they'll hear you." a girlish yet demonic voice informs me. My eyes widen as I see my sister. Her once beautiful face was disfigured, her ivory skin was caked with blood, and lastly her sparkling blue eyes were replaced with black. The sight was horrendous. I close my eyes but the image stays in my head. I suddenly hear a scream. I open my eyes again. The thing that was once my sister had left. No, I did I was in my living room. Our classy white walls were covered in drops of blood. With tears forming in my eyes I look down and see the mangled bodies of my father and mother.