Chapter seven!

Pic on the side is Christy->

VOTE, COMMENT, FAV!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Chapter seven~

“I like you too.” Those simple four words repeat throughout my head for the rest of the day. How could he like Christy? I’ve heard some pretty bad things about her, well most of it was from Cherry, but on the other hand I’ve heard just about the opposite about Alex.

The news of Alex and Christy, the school's newest couple, spreads quickly. By the end of our second day it was the latest thing people were talking about. I would hear girls say how Christy wasn't good enough for him, like they'd be any better. And the guys would shoot dirty glances at Alex from afar, wishing they were in his shoes. I, on the other hand, stood back and watched with wide eyes.

 All this time I'd thought he like me. The way he held me as we fell asleep each night, how he'd hold my hand. I guess I was wrong. Stupid and wrong.

  As the weeks pass the gossip lessen. Eventually the news fades and talk of Zack's eighteenth birthday party consumes the school. Everyone wanted to be invited. Since this is a pretty small town there weren't many parties, I also heard Zack always threw the best parties.

Sadly Zack wasn’t going to invite everyone. Well he could invite whoever, but there are always a few people you don’t like to invite, the party pooper, the unpopular freshmen, etc. Every day at lunch, people would come over to suck up to him. Most of the time he'd tell them they could come, only declining the younger students.

Of course he invited me, Over the last weeks I'd become pretty close to the trio of Alex's friends, but I politely turn his offer down. I'm not much of a party goer. I also heard that there always tends to be alcohol at his parties. The last thing I needed was to be in a room full of drunken teens. Alex was going therefor Christy was going as well. I swear the girl follows him everywhere! Who follows people around like that? Well...I don't count… But whenever I see Alex in the hallway he’s talking to her and at lunch she sits in between us like there was a law that he couldn’t be near me at school!

Zack’s party was going to be held next Friday night. It'd probably last well into the night considering it was the last birthday he would ever celebrate in this town. Not only was the party that night but, it was also the night Helena would be out late working, leaving me home alone for the first time. I admit I was pretty scared. The house was at least a mile away from the neighbors and it’s in the woods. I would stay with Dawn, who has quickly become my best friend, but she told me her parents were quite strict and would most certainly not even consider letting a boy stay over. So I was going to be alone. Alex offers to stay home with me but, I can tell he really doesn't want to. I tell him I'm fine and to have fun. He asks a few more time, each time I answer the same way. He finally gives up after about the seventeenth time.

As the party grew closer I became more and more nervous. What if the house catches on fire, or what if someone breaks in?! I'd have no clue of what to do. Then I think of something ever worse. What If the killers of my family discover where I am and come and kill me too? I'm wimpy and there's no way I'd even stand a chance.

By the night of the party I was so worried I'd freak out at even the quietest noise.

"See you later Leo." Alex calls from the front door. I'm sitting on the couch watching some random funny movie.

"Bye." I manage to mumble despite my overwhelming fear.

I hear him walk out, leaving me alone. Minutes later I hear him drive away. Silence. It was only about nine-o-clock and I knew there would be no sleeping form me until Alex was back. I try watching the movie but the heavy sound of crickets distracted me. I hear something creak. I jump from the couch and dart to my room. What I didn't realize was I had left my shoes in the middle of the hall. I plummet into the hard floor.