Legends of The Faerie

Killua kept glancing over to me. Wondering what to look for. I kept brushing him off. Getting an annoyed Killua for a bit.

The sun pushed through the cloud in front of it. Lighting the world around me even more. I liked my index finger and held it up over my head.

Any minute... It'll happen. Its gotta happen.

I rush of wind that whipped our hair around came over. Prickling my skin.

Then it happened.

Whales with translucent wings emerged from the blue waters. Along with the rest. The colored butterflies. And the flying fish.

All moving, swimming... No, flying over the water. The colors made it all the more fascinating. Water droplets sprayed everywhere.

It was called, Flying of Faerie.

As legend goes there was a girl named Fae. She came to island after being in a shipwreck. Fae gave all creatures love and affection. And the creatures returned it. As a gift for her 13th birthday, she was given the ability to heal.

One day, a hunter came and tried to kill one of the creatures. Desperate to find a solution, she used her healing. Yet she could only revive one from death. And she used it. When the creature asked her last wish she responded with "All I wish for, is that you all... Will remember the magic in the words that you said to me." And so she got her wish.

Now every summer, like the day she passed, the words that held magic become animals in spirit, and circle the ocean. To protect the citizens on Whale Island.

And if you get lucky, you just might be able to see Fae leading her friends. And if you do, or if you please her, you might be able to befriend one of the creatures.

Killua's eyes light up. Then, he jumps back to me. "Gon... W-what is that?" He asks from behind me. "That my friend, is Flying of Faerie." I reply.

His pale hands that are holding my shoulders are shaking. I can't tell if its for fear or excitement though. "Killua, you ok?" He shakes his head as to say 'no'.

"It kinda, startled me..." He mumbles. I laughed. "Don't laugh at me!" He pouts. I glanced up.

Nope. No. Nope.

"We need to go. Now." I grab his hand and pull him near the stands, being a bit far from where we are I start running. "What's going o-." He can't finish his sentence, for the Storm was happening.

The spirits were forming a dome over the island, not letting anyone in or out. Soon the fish and butterflies will start to slash through the green fields. "Its the Storm, Killua. We need to find shelter. Homes to far away." I explain.

The second I finish my sentence, a fish darts in front of me. Cleanly cutting the grass. Stopping dead in my tracks holding out my arm as a barrier to keep him from running. "Let's go to the, forest!" Killua exclaims out of fear for our safety.

We run as fast as we can. Not bothering to pay attention to the cuts on us. "Over here!" I call out.

Crawling into a small opening in the side of a hill near a river deep in the forest, I hold out my hand and pull Killua inside. Once we get inside we pull our legs to our chest for more room.

"What was that?" "The Storm." "The 'Storm'?" He repeats.

"Its when the faeries search the island for bad forces." "The fish went for us... Are we bad forces?"

I think for a second before answering. "No. The fish only look around trying to sense for them. But they won't target the forces. They will just... 'Run in' to them." I explain trying to answer Killua's question.

He makes an 'o' with his mouth.

I could feel his soft breathing against my knees. Killua closed his blue irises. Taking in a breath, then holding it for a bit. Then letting it out shakily.

After what seemed to be 10 minutes of pure silence in the opening, we finally decided to go out.

The animals were circling the island waters in a neutral state. The entire land was covered in slashes and cuts. Including, all the stands and a few citizens. Killua was rolling around in circles on his skateboard. "So, what do we do now?" He asks kicking the edge of the skateboard up in the air, then grabbing it with his hand.

"How about we go and ride around the island?" I suggested. His face didn't show that he was thrilled with the idea. "Please?" I pleaded. "Fine." I smiled. I grabbed his hand and began to practically drag him near the stands. "Wait." I turn around. Killua crouched down. I gave him a questionable look. "Get on my shoulders." He says as if he was reading my mind.

I gave in and climbed on top of his shoulders. He stood up and dropped his skate board on the ground. Gripping his shoulders to make sure I didn't fall, he stepped on and began to 'roll' forward. On top of his shoulders, felt like being on to of the world.

"Aye Gon, you ok?" Killua asks from below me. "Hm? Oh, I'm fine!" I smile. He kept riding around the small market place. Then stepped off his skate board and started walking up a big hill. Leaning up against a tree at the top, looking out to the ocean.

I took out a small woven bracelet from my pockets and began to twirl it between my fingers, while I rested my chin on Killua's head.

The bracelet was made from thin pieces of yarn. White, blue, and black. With a small rock woven in. A beige rock with the letter 'K' engraved in silver.

I had another one in my pocket. A green, black and amber bracelet. With a grey rock woven in. The letter 'G' engraved in silver.

I wanted to give one to Killua. Its like a friendship bracelet. Today was the 5 year anniversary of us being best friends. It sounds weird, I know.

But its a special occasion! We were each others first friend. And, that's pretty damn important.

"What'cha doin?" His voice startles me. "Nothing." I quickly hide the bracelets in my pockets. He hums in understanding. Sliding down the tree and sitting on the grass.

I bend over and flop down into Killua's lap. I turn around and face him. "What?" He questions.

"Close your eyes." I smirk. He does as told. I grab his hand and place the bracelet in his palm. "Open." His blue eyes gaze to his palm and he shows a face of happiness and embarrassment. "Gon... You made this?" He asks softly a small blush on his cheeks.

"Yup! I made one for me too! Their friendship bracelets. For us being best friends for 5 years!" I exclaim. He goes full red. "G-gon..." He paused to put on the bracelet. Then looks up at me. "Thanks. This is... Really sweet, embarrassing, but sweet." He says looking at me with a genuine smile.

I put on mine and pull him in for a hug. Reluctant, he hugs back.

Alright... Now or never Gon!

When we separate from the hug I look him in the eyes, a pull his arms towards me, causing him to move forward. "G-gon? What are y-." Before he could finish his sentence I kissed his lips.

I shut my eyes tight. Out of fear, and adrenaline.

His arms pulled me in closer. He wasn't tense anymore. I lightly pushed him off. Both of our faces pure red. Despite what had happened, we laugh.

"Killua.." "Gon.. I'm guessing...?" "Yeah, I think we are. Right?" "Y-yeah."

We didn't even bother finishing our sentences. We already knew what we were each thinking.

Apparently, we were together.