Once a Upon a Day

Once Upon a Day

Spring

I was walking down the old stone path of the town. The sun was bright as ever. Really putting a toll on my eyes. I let out a sigh. I hate this. I hate my job. I my expectations. I hate it all.

I spot an ice cream shop and stop there for a bit. The cashier didn't seem to energetic. He was slow. Really slow. When I had finally got my chocolate cone, I sat down at a table by the window. Just as I was finally getting used to eating on my own, a boy sits across from me. He had dark hair. And big amber eyes. His skin was a light tan. And he wore a green jacket.

"Hi!" He greets with a smile. I return it with a half-smile then get back to eating my ice cream. I noticed he had a vanilla cone. "I'm Gon. What's your name?" He asks with ice cream all over his lips. I hand him a napkin. "Here. Wipe your mouth. And, my names Killua." I reply.

"What are you doing here Killua?" He asks as he wipes his mouth. "Eating. My question is why someone as young as you is doing wandering around on their own?" I counter. "Aren't you 7 years old? Because that's how old I am... And your here on your own, aren't you?" He asks innocently. "I'm 7. But I have a job that I have to do. I have reason to be on my own. I'm guessing that your visiting town?" I ask, turning my gaze outside the window. "A job? Your 7 and you have a job... Cool! And I am visiting town. But what kinda job?" The boy asks. "Assassination. Now, I really would love to stay and chat a bit longer... But I gotta go. See ya round, Gon." I say as I throw my cone in the trash and walk out the door.

Glad that's over.

I could feel someone following me. The aura is neutral. Not hostile. I turn around and see Gon running to catch up behind me. "Hey! By the way, you don't just ditch someone like that, its rude." He scolds me. "Um can I ask you a question?"

"You just did, but go ahead." I say bored with this. But he does have a bit of fun in him. He's better then my family that's for sure. "Where do you live?" He asks. "Kukuroo Mountain. Back there." I point. "Cool. I live on Whale Island." He 'confesses' to me.

"Oh... I'm going to be late for my boat if I don't go now." He says in worry. Good. What'cha waiting for? Go!

"Go then. I don't want to be the reason that your later for your boat."

He grabs my hand and pulls me with him. "Come on then!" He says as he runs. I try to free my hand, yet he is surprisingly strong. I give in. Maybe this is my chance to get away from home. From all that I despise. And to go with a boy that I've know for about 3 minutes. But he seems cool. And fun.

Looks like I made an ally. A very unusual ally.