Ice Cream Is COLD

Ice Cream is COLD

We laughed for what seemed to be an hour. Yet it was about 3 minutes. "Killua... Ya wanna get ice cream?" Gon asks holding his side. "Yeah... Sure." I reply with a smile.

We walk down the busy stone path. People were setting up stands filled with foods and produce. Some with candy. Others with drinks. There was even one covered in colorful lights and in small toys.

"Is something going on that I don't know about? It seems like everyone's getting ready for something." I ask the amber eyed boy next to me. "Oh right! There's gonna be a lot of people coming. Tourists. There's something special about Whale Island in the beginning of summer." Gon hints.

"I'll take your word for it."

While Gon went to buy the ice cream, I looked at all the stands. I've never really seen to many people here... I wonder what its like. Everyone was scurrying around. Rushing to get ready. I liked the livelihood... It was contagious.

"Here." He holds out a chocolate cone for me and a vanilla for him. I take the cone and hold it in my hand. "So how many tourist come?" I ask. I decided not to eat it just yet. It wasn't that hot out so it'll be fine. "I've never really counted. But usually... If I were to guess... I'd say about 10 boats every 2 weeks." He states. "Really! That many! Gee Whiz..."

A tall woman running down the street bumped into me. She held a crate filled with produce. The momentum knocked me over... Also my ice cream fell on Gon's nose... Nice aim Killua! *sarcasm*

"Excuse me!" She calls out. I scoff. Its a bit late to say that, don't you think.

"K-killua... H-el-p m-e p-lea-se." I hear a shaky voice call. I turn to see Gon looking like Pinocchio. A Pinocchio with chocolate dripping from nose down. His hands a shaking mildly and his eyes show discomfort. Honestly... It looked damn adorable.

I grab a napkin and clean up the dripping ice cream first. The clumped up glob on his nose could wait a bit.

Gon was shaking all over now. Goosebumps pricked his skin. And his free hand was in a fist to contain himself. He breathed in from his nose then coughed and gagged.

"What's up?" I ask. "I got ice cream *cough* in my nose." He replies in a soft congested style voice. I burst out laughing. "Hey! Its not *cough* funny." He pouts.

I take the cone off the was of ice cream and eat it in 3 bites. Gon sticks his tongue out and tries to eat the ice cream near his nose. "Stop it. Its gross." I scold as I use my thumb to swipe up some of it and stick it my mouth. "I thought you said it was 'gross'." He complained. "Yeah but I'm using my thumb." I retort. I kept swiping it from his nose.

"You might as well just lick it off my face if your just gonna keep doing that." Gon remarks sarcastically. "Ok then." I lean in closer to him before he yells out. "NO! I DIDN'T MEAN THAT!" He assures. I only snicker. I gave a smirk and look at him. "Well don't joke around like that then, Gon. And if you keep blushing you'll heat up the ice cream and get it all over your shirt." I say.

I notice that the ice cream he had in his hand was now on the ground, meeting its end. "Now, stay still!" I demand. Gon kept skirmish as I tried to clean him. Finally, I was able to get it off... 4 napkins later.

I licked my thumb and cleaned the last bit of it from his cheek. He then rubbed his own cheek. "Aww. My ice cream fell too." He drooped. "Just eat the cone, baby." I scoff. "Baby?" He repeats. "Just eat the cone." I dismiss.

We walk down the road in silence, with the exception of all the merchants talking. "So, what's the surprise?" I ask. "Oh right! Come on!" He grabs my hand and pulls down the road.

I felt deep thumps in my chest. I couldn't tell if it was adrenaline to see the surprise, or Gon running with me. Nor did I want to know... I liked the sweet bliss of mystery.

"What time is it?" He asks. "Its about 2- ish." I reply. "Good. Take a look, Killua." He steps back. My best friend lead me to a cliff above the water.

The sight was beautiful. But when I asked Gon what I was looking for, he gave a look which said to wait.

Boy, was it worth it.