chapter 20

After a little while, the police showed up to take away Ranger Knudsen and BabyFace Boretti.

"Okay, would someone mind telling me of what the heck just happened?" Colette asked.

"What's wrong, Collie?" Patch asked.

"She probably wants an explanation." Boretti said.

"Shut it," Patch growled at him, then looked back to his girlfriend. "What's confusing you?"

"Actually, he's right, I do need an explanation, you know, the reveal about how they almost pulled it off." Colette said.

"Oh, yeah, of course," Patch nodded. "You see, after BabyFace broke out of prison, he teamed up with Ranger Knudsen to find LaRue's treasure. Knudsen wore the Fishman costume as cover to search the lake for the lost town using the stolen sonar equipment. And he used the Woodsman costume to scare everyone away from Camp Little Moose."

"But then how did he make the Specter fly?" Colette asked.

"That's easy, that would be zip line." Atticus smiled.

"That also explains why Deacon wanted us to leave so badly," Mo said. "He wasn't afraid of the Woodsman, he needed us gone so they could blow up the dam."

"Exactly." Atticus said.

"But when we found that RV, they realized we were getting close," Velma remarked. "So Knudsen brought the Specter to life to try to try to scare us off for good."

"And that's where he had to use the zip line to make it look like he really was flying." Atticus said.

"We would've gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling kids." BabyFace scowled at the group as the officers slammed handcuffs on him.

"Ahem!" Colette glared.

"And filthy mutts..." BabyFace scoffed.

"Mutts?!" Colette growled.

"You heard me!" BabyFace glared. "What're you gonna do about it, bite me?"

"Patch, he called us mutts." Colette pouted.

"I heard him..." Patch looked rather menacing as he stalked over to the bad bald guy. "You take that BACK!"

"Make me!" Babyface glared.

Patch snarled and pounced on top of BabyFace violently. Atticus and Mo stood by, not getting in Patch's way. The officers even allowed the puppy to handle him.

"I'll show you a filthy mutt!" Patch snapped as he attacked BabyFace.

"Someone stop this crazy mutt!" Babyface exclaimed.

Cherry poked her head out, then looked up nervously. "Heh... No hard feelings about trying to destroy you?"

"Hmm..." Drell hummed.

"Please spare me, I'll do anything..." Cherry begged.

"I forgive you." Drell said.

"Phew!" Cherry sounded relieved.

"Well, this sure was an interesting few days." Darla said.

"You can say that again." Trudy agreed.

After the two criminals were taken away, the camp counselors had quite the predicament now.

"I gotta say, this was quite an interesting experience." Goku smiled to Atticus.

"Yes, yes, it was." Atticus nodded with a smile.

"Glad I got to share it with you." Goku smiled to him.

"Same here, Sensei." Atticus smiled before bowing to him.