chapter 12

The campers and counselors were all in their beds for the night as it was quiet. A little too quiet. There was a stranger wandering on the campsite who was then suddenly cauhgt in a trap which flew him up in a tree branch. Mystery Inc with Atticus, Mo, Patch, and Colette rushed over with flashlights.

"We got him!" Colette smiled.

"Now it's time to get some answers." Fred added in as he walked to the victim and untied the rope which made the full bag fall in the middle of the ground. "Ladies and gentlemen, say hello to the Woodsman."

The bag opened up to reveal one of the Camp Big Moose's camp counselors who had a coat and hat on.

"Wait, you aren't the Woodsman, you're that camp counselor from Camp Big Moose." Atticus said.

"I'm Jessica." the female counselor introduced herself.

Atticus laughed a little. "That's my sister's name."

"What a weird coincidence." The female counselor giggled.

"Ugh." Daphne didn't like Jessica for some reason and stuck her tongue out in disgust.

"If you don't mind me asking, young lady, why are you sneaking around our camp after lights out?" Burt asked the female camp counselor.

"I didn't mean to scare you guys, but some of our camping equipment has gone missing," Jessica explained as she stood up and took off her coat. "And, well, I thought it might be you Little Moosers playing a prank."

"Why would we do that?" Atticus asked.

"Little Moosers don't play pranks," Fred added in. "We leave that to the snobs at Camp Big Moose. No offense."

"Stolen camping gear, monster attacks, what is going on?" Velma wondered out loud.

"Don't know, but at least it can't get worse from here." Mo smiled.

"If you say so..." Colette sounded spooked slightly.

'GET OUT!' a dark voice told them which made them all jolt.

The flashlights shined on the dark stranger behind them to show a razor sharp axe. It was the Woodsman!

"I just jinxed it." Mo said scared.

"Yep." Patch gulped with a slight shiver, but he stood in front of Colette for her own safety and protection.

'GET OUT!' the Woodsman repeated as he held his axe back, about ready to chop them up.

"You don't have to tell us twice!" Shaggy called out before running for his dear life.

"Quick, everybody run!" Mo screamed.

With that, everybody ran off. Fred, Velma, Jessica, Mo, and Atticus ran inside the Mess Hall building. Shaggy and Scooby climbed up the flag pole with Colette and Patch.

"I think we lost him." Shaggy smiled to the dogs.

Suddenly, there was a chop heard and the pole started to shake slightly.

"I think you spoke too soon." Colette nervously looked down.

"Yep, because he's about to chop this down." Patch said.

Every chop, Shaggy and Scooby tried to climb back up, but it was no use.

"Maybe he'll give up." Shaggy suggested.

"I don't think he will." Patch said.

"I might not go on mysteries that often like you guys, but I have to agree." Colette added in.