chapter 16

Meanwhile, Darla, Amber, Velma, Patch, Colette, Trudy, and Burt were still following the tire tracks from earlier.

"We're getting hot now." Patch smiled.

"Shadow Canyon," Burt said as they came to a stop. "This place gives me the creeps."

"I can see why." Colette shuddered.

"That's weird," Trudy came to the tracks. "The tracks seemed to have come to a stop."

Velma looked and tried to think this through logically. "An entire RV doesn't just disappear."

Suddenly Shaggy, Scooby, Deacon, and Cherry's yells were heard as they were riding by on their scooter.

"Whoa." Patch said.

Darla and Amber pulled each other quickly out of the way. Shaggy, Scooby, Deacon, and Cherry then smacked against the rock wall and the scooter broke with them. The four then slid down flat on the ground, feeling dizzy now.

"Oh, man," Shaggy held his head. "I feel like I got hit by a truck."

"Wait, a truck?" Patch asked before going over to the rock wall where Shaggy, Scooby, Cherry, and Deacon crashed into.

Colette walked with him.

Burt pounded the wall and it sounded more like metal than solid rock. "Try an RV," he replied then. "You guys found it!"

"Well, that was easy." Colette smiled.

"But how?" Patch wondered.

Velma took a closer look. "Ingenious. Someone painted the RV to look exactly like the canyon wall." she then took out an archaeological brush and started to brush against the surface to uncover the RV.

"What is she doing?" Colette asked Patch.

"Uncovering the RV," Patch replied. "That brush is usually used for safety of the artifact. Robyn's dad and Sabrina's mom do it all the time."

"Cool." Colette smiled.

Velma was able to uncover a handle, then pulled the door open to show the inside of the RV which looked more like a secret government base than a family recreational vehicle. "Come on, let's check it out."

"Like, I would go with you, but I don't know which one to follow." Shaggy replied as he was still dizzy.

"Seems more kinda high tech for an RV if you ask me." Amber commented as she crawled inside.

"Yeah." Darla nodded.

"Looks like someone's been staked out in here for days." Burt commented.

Deacon took a breath of his inhaler as they explored.

"Yeah, smells like it too." Trudy agreed with the ranger before pinching her nose.

"Guess whoever stole this RV never learned how to clean up." Patch said.

"This must be the sonar equipment that went missing from Camp Big Moose." Velma hunched. "What are they using it for?" she then sat down in front of one computer.

"It's password protected." Trudy said.

"Too bad Lex Murphy's not here." Cherry commented.

"Unless one of us is a hacker." Patch said.

"Well, that tears it," Burt sighed as he removed his hat in defeat. "Nothing we can do now."

"Guess we better get out of here." Deacon suggested.

"Let me take a shot at it." Trudy took a seat.

"You're a hacker?" Colette asked.

"You could say that," Trudy said as she got right to work. "I'll use admin privileges to bypass the authentication requirement."