chapter 14

"How much of your equipment is missing?" Drell asked.

"Well, you see, a couple of weeks ago, we noticed that some sonar equipment had gone missing from the Marine Biology Center." Jessica informed as she walked with her guests.

A killer whale hopped from the water beside them and made a big splash.

"Sounds important." Patch said.

"A few days later, an RV disappeared from the Motorsports Pavilion." Jessica then showed.

There were two campers on motorcycles which rode up over a couple of ramps and high-fived each other as they rode and did an X-Treme dangerous stunt like on TV.

"Now they're just showing off." Fred scoffed.

"That is so awesome!" Mo cheered.

"Most luxury RVs have GPS locators built in," Velma looked thoughtful before taking out a handheld device. "I'll ping the area to see if it's sending out a signal."

"Great." Mo smiled.

Velma then went to work to track down the missing RV.

Jessica took a look. "That's right in the middle of Shadow Canyon."

"Shadow Canyon?" Burt replied. "They say that place is haunted by the ghost of a lost hiker, still searching for her way out, they call her 'The Specter of Shadow Canyon'. Legend has it if you can hear her terrifying wail, you're a goner."

Scooby gulped and shivered in response.

"Dude, I did not need to hear that." Shaggy added in nervously.

"We'll need to split up." Atticus said.

"Hey, that's my line." Fred said.

"Does it really matter at the moment?" Mo asked.

"Whatever..." Fred sighed.

"Hold on, let me get this straight," Deacon spoke up. "There's a crazy man with an axe in the woods, a ghost in the canyon, a fish monster in the water, and you guys wanna split up and look for clues?"

"Yeah, that's right." Atticus and Mo nodded.

"I'll take the lake," Fred said. "I wanna check out that building Scooby and Patch saw. Who's with me?"

"I'll go," Jessica came behind him with a flirty smile. "I'm a certified scuba instructor."

"I'll go too." Atticus said.

"Count me in." Luke smiled.

"Count me in too." Daphne said, not wanting Jessica alone with her man.

"Then the rest of us will head to Shadow Canyon." Velma stated.

"Oh, no." Scooby disagreed.

"Like, you can forget it," Shaggy added in. "Every time someone tells a campfire story, it comes true. Scooby-Doo and me are trying to live a Specter free lifestyle here. You can find us in that five-star dining hall when you get back."

"I'd actually like to go with Atticus to see that town underneath the lake as well." Goku said.

"Sounds good," Velma said, then looked to Shaggy and Scooby. "Guys, maybe you should take Deacon with you, he seems a little freaked out."

Deacon seemed to be using his inhaler more extensively now than he ever had before with these monsters ruining his summer vacation.

"I agree." Colette said.

With that, they all split up. Cherry was hiding behind a tree as she watched Drell once more.

"That girl is up to something." Drell said.