chapter 7

Drell yawned and had to stop at one point as he held his stomach. "Wake up, Cherry."

Cherry yawned and woke up. "Are we there?"

"No, but I'm hungry," Drell said. "you hungry too?"

"Starving actually." Cherry replied.

"Great, then use your dream-bending powers and make us a meal." Drell said.

"What...?!" Cherry gawked at him.

"You can do it." Drell said.

"I-I don't know..." Cherry rubbed her arm.

"I believe in you." Drell said.

"Since when?" Cherry scoffed. "All you do is make me miserable."

"I just do that to toughen you up." Drell said.

"You wha...?" Cherry asked.

"Look, I know I give you bad luck and treat you worse than dirt, but I only do that so you can be strong and independent like Atticus." Drell whispered.

"Huh?!" Cherry felt blown away.

"That's right, I really do mean that." Drell said.

Cherry's eyes widened to him.

"Now make us some dinner," Drell sat down as he was ready to eat. "I'm starved."

"Um, right..." Cherry then closed her eyes, but as soon as she did, she seemed to had been snoring now.

"I should have known." Drell groaned.

Cherry fell asleep.

"WAKE UP!" Drell sharply told her.

"Huh?" Cherry snorted and woke up. "Oh, sorry, Drell..."

"It's okay, you know what, I'll make dinner." Drell said as he snapped his fingers.

Cherry face-palmed. "If you could do it, why didn't you do it before?!"

"I wanted to see if you could concentrate without falling asleep." Drell said.

"It's been a long day..." Cherry pouted.

Drell sighed. "Never mind it..." he then rubbed his hands together. "Now, what's something you like to eat?"

"Uh, gee, I dunno..." Cherry shrugged. "Lots of stuff."

"Then you better start eating." Drell said.

"Just nothing with spinach and peanut butter?" Cherry replied.

"You'll eat whatever I conjure up." Drell folded his arms.

Cherry sighed and sat down on a stump to use as a chair. "All right, let's get this over with."

Drell then brought the food over with him and the two were able to eat the food.

"Wow, this stuff looks good..." Cherry said, with a small hungry smile.

"Then start eating." Drell said.

Cherry nodded, then started to eat, almost like a jungle predator once she tasted the thick and juicy meat. Drell soon joined in. Drell soon joined in.

"Drell, I never thought I'd say this, but thank you." Cherry said.

"You're welcome." Drell smiled.

Cherry had a small smile back as they ate their very late dinner.

After a while, they had finished. Cherry had fallen asleep, but shivered due to how cold it was tonight while Drell was getting rid of the mess. After cleaning up, Drell placed Cherry back in the side car and covered her body with a warm blanket like a cocoon instead of the head of course. He then got on the motorcycle and started it up and rode them both straight to Camp Little Moose.