chapter 10

Cherry had a cigarette in her mouth and clicked on a lighter and started to smoke as she was far away from the others.

"Are you serious?" Drell asked.

"I'm stressed..." Cherry took the cigarette out as she stared at him. "What do you want, Drell?"

"Just wanted to know why you are over here." Drell said.

"I wanna be alone..." Cherry looked away from him. "Why don't you make yourself useful and fix that canoe that almost killed us?"

"Or I can go see that boy that seems to be now as strong as Atticus." Drell said.

"Sure... Whatever..." Cherry shrugged.

Drell then left her alone to go meet Luke.

Cherry narrowed her eyes. "There he goes again with the strong boys..."

'That's right, my dear, he doesn't care about you.' A voice told her from her mind.

"Hm?!" Cherry's eyes widened, she looked around, to look for the source of the voice.

'I'm in your mind, my dear....' the voice told her.

"Who... Who are you...?" Cherry asked.

'It's me, Sombra.' The evil unicorn's voice said.

Cherry's eyes widened. "Get away from me..."

'Now, now, my dear, I'm not here to hurt you.' Sombra's voice said.

Cherry snorted in disbelief.

'I promise, I just want to help you...' Sombra's voice replied.

"With what...?" Cherry asked.

'With your dream-bending.' Sombra's voice smirked.

"Not this again..." Cherry sighed. "Look, I'm stuck here during the summer, I might as well make the most of it... You're not gonna trick me, Sombra."

'No, I really mean it, I really can help you, besides, my crystal powers have a connection to illusions,' Sombra's voice said. 'So I might as well help you with your skills.'

"Look, you may be my best friend's uncle, but I know for a fact that you are nothing but pure evil, and there's nothing that you can say or do to change my mind, not even your wagers." Cherry folded her arms.

'You can even torture Drell.' Sombra's voice tempted.

"Look, I said--" Cherry was about to refuse, then paused a moment. "Torture Drell...?"

'Uh-huh.' Sombra's voice nodded.

"I... I dunno..." Cherry twiddled her fingers.

'Just think about it, with my help, you can be able to make anything you dream of real.' Sombra's voice said.

"Um... I-I dunno..." Cherry looked nervous.

'Alright, fine, then I guess I'll just leave and go see if Atticus would like my help.' Sombra's voice said.

"No, no, no, don't leave!" Cherry begged.

'So, do you want my help for you against Drell or not?' Sombra tempted.

Cherry put her hands to her mouth. "Erm... I guess that wouldn't be so heinous..."