chapter 6

"I'm starving." Darla said as she came with Luke, Trudy, and Deacon.

Fred opened the door, unfortunately, he took the door off its hinges due to his new strength.

"Typical..." Atticus sighed. "Don't worry, you'll get used to it."

"Wow, Fred, how'd you do that?" Luke asked.

"Uh, I guess I don't know my own strength." Fred weakly chuckled.

"Atticus gave you new strength, didn't he?" Darla asked with a knowing smile.

"I guess that's a normal thing?" Fred asked Atticus.

"Oh, yeah." Atticus chuckled, then smiled down to Darla. "Hey, kiddo, how's camp treatin' ya?"

"I think I like it so far..." Darla smiled softly.

"See, I told ya." Luke smiled.

Darla smiled back to him.

"Let's get inside, I'm starving." Luke smiled.

"So am I." Darla giggled.

The campers and counselors all came in, along with Burt and the dogs, as they sat down, very eager and hungry to have their dinner right about now.

"Like, man, I hope you're hungry," Shaggy said as he came in with the chili pot. "'Cuz I'm about to serve up Shaggy's Famous Five Alarm Hole in the Bowl Chili."

"Trust us, with the ingredients we put in the chili, it really is a five alarm chili." Mo said.

Fred scooped himself up a spoonful and tried it, then yelped out as he could see where the recipe got its name as he felt like he was breathing fire like a dragon. "Spicy..." he whispered as his face turned red slightly.

Scooby licked his muzzle as he started to eat the chili, but then saw there was a hole in his bowl which made the others laugh, except for Trudy.

'Really? Not even a giggle?' Darla thought to herself as she soon noticed Trudy wasn't laughing along.

Trudy glanced to Darla as she felt she was being talked about through the blonde girl's mind.

The others then began to eat their dinner and get ready for bed, but of course, Darla was going to be given a phone call before that. And where Darla made the phone call as soon as she could. Before she could, the phone instantly started to ring.

"Um, hello?" Darla answered the phone.

'Hi, sweetie!' Emily's voice greeted.

"Hi, Mom, I was just about to call you and Dad." Darla smiled.

'I thought we would surprise you.' Emily giggled.

"Aw! That was nice of you." Darla smiled.

'So, are you having fun so far?' Patrick then asked, sounding happy that she was excited so far.

"I sure am, I even made friends here, even though one of them is like Cherry." Darla said.

'How so?' Emily asked.

Darla began to tell her parents everything she learned about Trudy in just one day.

'Well, isn't she just Little Miss Sunshine?' Patrick slightly deadpanned about how dark and gloomy Trudy sounded.

"Yeah, but I can tell she's a good person and spends a little too much time on the computer." Darla said.

'Well, I'm glad you were able to make some new friends on your first day.' Patrick sounded proud.