chapter 17

Later that night, everybody met back at Camp Little Moose and made a campfire with a lantern to share their discoveries together with each other.

"But what would someone need dynamite for?" Patch asked.

"Oh, are you guys really gonna just sit around here and try and solve this mystery?" Deacon spoke up.

"Kid, if I wanted an obnoxious whiner whenever I take them on an adventure, I would've forced Cherry to do bidding for me... Oh, wait, I already do..." Drell smirked slightly.

Cherry squirmed and groaned to him.

"Clearly someone doesn't want us to be at Camp Little Moose," Deacon said. "I think we should listen to them. I'm going to Camp Big Moose where it's safe. Who's with me?"

Shaggy and Scooby of course raised their hands, but then they put their hands down after Velma sent them a disappointed glare.

"Trudy, Luke, Darla, Amber, maybe it's best if y'all go with Deacon," Burt suggested.

"Forget it, I'm a Little Mooser!" Luke retorted. "I wanna help you guys catch whoever's messing with our camp."

"Me too." Trudy added in as she stood up and put her hood down to show her purple hair and even actually smiled.

"Same here." Darla said.

"What about you then, little lady?" Burt then asked Amber. "You're a Big Mooser, ain't ya?"

"Yeah, but my best friend is a Little Mooser, so I'm gonna be one too." Amber put her arm around Darla with a smile.

"Aw! Thanks, Amber." Darla smiled.

"Of course." Amber smiled back.

"We gotta find out more about this city that's under Big Moose Lake." Patch said.

"Are you sure?" Velma asked the kids.

"Yep," Trudy smiled back as she straightened out her hair. "I wanna help solve the mystery."

'I know I do." Amber agreed.

"Oh, you're all nuts!" Deacon threw off his hat. "You hear me? Nuts!" he then breathed through his inhaler before storming off. "I'm outta here!"

"Somebody's stubborn about adventure..." Goku commented.

"Couldn't agree more." Atticus said.

"I better give him a lift up to Big Moose," Jessica spoke up as she started to follow Deacon. "I have to get the jeep back anyway."

"Have a safe drive back." Mo said.

"Thank you." Jessica nodded to her as she went to catch up with Deacon.

Fred looked thoughtful. "It still feels like we're missing a piece of the puzzle."

"What we need is an expert on this area." Daphne suggested.

"I know just the person." Velma smiled once she had an idea.

"Who do you have in mind, Velma?" Mo asked.

"Come on, let's go to 'Camp City', get in the van." Velma told the others as she suggested to get into the Mystery Machine to make a stop for the night to see who she had in mind.

"Me and Atticus will meet you there." Goku said.

"Alright, let's get going then." Velma said as she and the others got into the Mystery Machine.

"Come on, let's go on my motor bike." Drell told Cherry.

Cherry's face turned pale and she gulped while nervously squeezing her eyes shut.