Chapter 4

Kristen's POV

After a while we decided to stop by a gas station to get a few things as well as fill the car up.

The four of us, Doug, Stu, Phil and Me went inside the convenience store while Alan stayed and watched the car.

While Phil and Doug were talking by the cashier,

Me and Stu went to grab a few necessities.

But to be honest I was just walking around looking for an excuse to be far from Phil,

Cause let's face it.

It hurts...

Everything he said plus him being married isn't doing any good in my head at all.

"I love you, Byee." I hear Stu said and drop the call.

"So how as it?" I ask.

"Oh it's okay, she bought it easily." Stu said and grabbed a bottle of water from the store's fridge.

"Also Kris." Stu said getting my attention.

"Yeah?"

"It's okay, if it makes you feel any better me and Doug will cheer you up." Stu said and pats my back.

"Uh what the hell are you talking about Stu?"

"It's Phil I know that you have feelings for him since High school."

"What?!" I exclaim silently and slap him in the face.

"Ow! what was that for?" Stu asks while holding his cheek.

"First of all how did you know, second of all who else knows?" I ask intently

"Okay first off, of course we knew, you and Phil were really close and second only me and Doug know, we were surprised that you two didn't end up together." Stu said.

"But That's all in the past, I don't have any feelings for that guy except as a best friend nothing more and nothing less." I said and grabbed a can of iced coffee to drain the alcohol I had away.

Phil's POV

"He's actually kind of funny." I said.

Me and Doug were waiting by the counter while watching Alan threaten an old man.

"Yeah he means well." Doug said.

"I'll hit an old man in public." Alan said from outside.

"Is he all there? Like mentally?" I ask.

"I think so. He's just an odd guy you know, he's kind of weird." Doug said.

"I mean should we be worried?" I ask.

"No."

"Alright." I said

"Tracy did mention that we shouldn't let him gamble nor drink too much."

"Geez he's like a Gremlin came with instructions and shit." I said then Doug looks at me.

"What?" I ask.

"Why?" Doug asks.

"Why what?" I ask taking a chip.

"Why are you so worried, cause I know for a fact you can take Alan in case he gets nuts." Doug said.

"What are you getting at?" I ask then place the everything we bought at the cashier.

"Might be that your worried about someone, mainly someone who just came back?" Doug said looking at me thinking like he's figured something out.

"Fine you got me, maybe but just maybe." I said taking another chip.

"Phil, I know you, You like Kris don't you." Doug said.

"Whaat. She's a friend Doug, even if she's gotten older, beautiful, sexier, smarter, kinder--wait did I just say that?" I said and Doug begins laughing.

"Phil you saying all that clearly tells you like her." Doug said.

"*sigh* Fine I admit, alright I have a crush on her so what." I said.

I've always liked her, I just didn't tell...

"Ok the real question here is, why didn't you tell her or why didn't you two end up together." Doug said.

"Ok look that was the past okay besides I think she's already got a guy herself plus I don't think she'd like a womanizer like me."

"You kidding me, Phil we don't know that unless you do something plus I'm glad you finally said that."

"Shut it besides this is between you and me, got it." I said glaring at him.

"Alright, but you better soon or you might just regret it." Doug said putting his hands up.

"And One water." Stu said popping up along with krissy.

"And Iced Coffee." Krissy said placing her ice coffee on the cashier.

Shit! She must've heard everything!

"All good with Melissa." Doug said gaining his composure.

"Oh yeah, told her we're two hours outside of wine country and she bought it." Stu said.

"You think it's strange they've been in a relationship for years, yet you have to lie about going to Vegas." Krissy said.

"Well Yeah I do, but trust me, it's not worth the fight." Stu said defending her.

"Dude I agree with Krissy, you can't go to Vegas but she can fuck a bellhop on a Carnival Cruise line." I said.

"Wait what." Krissy asks.

"Yeah, okay first of all he was a bartender--"

"Bartender?" Krissy asks again.

"And besides she was wasted." Doug said

"And, if you must know, he didn't even come inside her." Stu said.

"And you believe that?" I ask then turn back to the cashier.

" Uh yeah, I do believe that, because she's grossed out by semen." Stu said.

And that shut us up.

"That'll be $32.50." The cashier said.

"It's $32.50, you gonna pay for it." I said and Stu takes out his wallet.

"Come on Krissy." I said leading the stunned Krissy out of the convenience store.

"Okay..." Krissy said still stunned by what Stu said.

"Hey Krissy you okay?" I ask while Krissy gets inside the car.

"Yeah I'm good." Krissy said still stunned.

Hmm what could make her snap out of it...

I know!

I lean towards Krissy from outside the car and kissed her cheek.

"Wha! Phil!" Krissy said having a complete blush and smacking my arm but this time it wasn't playful.

"Ow! That hurt!" I said holding my arm.

"Well you deserved that." Krissy said then crossed her arms.

When I opened the car door to sit next to her she immediately scoots next to Stu.

Welp at least she's back.