Part 30 ~ Back To You (Final)

Olivia's Point Of View ~

My hands are shaking as I attempt to place my phone back in my bag that's hanging from off my shoulder. I just told mum that I'm heading back to her place. I suppose I'm staying there for a little while, until I find a new place of my own. 

I hate this. I don't want this. 

I wanted the ending that I now can only dream of. I can't stand what I just saw with my own eyes between Michael and this women that's suddenly come into his life. How? I wonder how they met. How they know each other because I have never seen her before. I feel like I'm fading away. I'm trying to keep my head strong but my heart won't just let me grow away from him now. Michael and I have now completely disappeared . . all I seem to have is only memories that I will treasure with him. We have drifted too far away. 

Is he over me now? 

Michael must be. I just saw the proof that he is over me. 

Before I didn't know what I was feeling. Coming here to talk to Michael, I was nervous . . so nervous but I was excited. But now, I am feeling like I have never . . like I'm losing my mind. Tears now falling, rolling down my cheeks. I take a deep breathe. The jingle of my keys is noisy as I frantically attempt to open my car door. I need to get out of here now. I can't stay. How can I? Michael has moved on now obviously and I'm just someone that he used to know. It's so clear now. Michael doesn't love me anymore. And it's all my fault . . I did this. I know that Michael is the one for me. The feeling of love has begun . . he's the love of my life forever and more. But I fucked up . . it's too late now. I'm sniffling and breathing more heavily. I hop in my car, putting my key in the ignition and closing the door. 

It's done now. I'm leaving. It's the end, officially. 

"Olivia? . . Olivia, wait! . . " I hear a voice call out to me. 

I look up from my lap as I still sit in the drivers seat. I open my car door, sliding out and closing the door once again. I just stand still for a few seconds before I start to walk a few centimetres in front of me as I see Michael running up to me. He stops once he gets close enough to me, standing before me now. He's out of breathe . . not saying anything. Not saying much at all. 

"Hi Michael . . " I say quietly to him. 

"Olivia . . hi . . " He says back.

I can hear the crickets that have come out for the night. The wind is gently blowing on the both of us. The street lights and the blanket of stars above us helps me to see Michael more clearly. But he's really not reacting that much to me being here . . standing before him. He can see that I'm crying. To be honest, he looks upset himself but I don't blame him though. I did him wrong and acted so stupidly towards his helpful performance. I pushed him away and ignored his constant warnings about Eric. I chose not to listen to Michael. So, if Michael is angry with me . . he has every right to be. I'm angry at myself. 

God. I just want to throw my arms around him and never let go. 

"Olivia, what are you doing here? . . " Michael asks me. 

I want everything with Michael. I do. More than anything in the world. I know that now. I want a life with Michael . . a future with him. 

" . . I came to see you . . umm . . " I say, in a shy kinda way. 

I look down at my feet as they stand close to each other, sitting in a pair of flat shoes on the ground. I let out a nervous chuckle, I guess, trying to break this tension between us. Oh God. Does he not want me here? Does Michael want nothing to do with me when I want everything to do with him? I look back up at him. He's already looking at me, not saying anything else.