Part 26 ~ Hurt

Olivia's Point Of View ~

Eric rolls off me and onto his back. I remain on my back . . the ceiling in our sights. Our heavy breathing is all that is heard throughout the room, our damp chests moving up and down quite rapidly. Eric sits up . . gulping down water from a bottle that's sitting on his bedside table. I begin to trace my fingers down his bare back that's facing me. A wave of peace flushes over my exhausted self. 

His phone beeps. I can't see who it maybe as Eric holds it. 

"Who is it, Eric? . . " I ask curious. 

"Hmm? . . oh it's just the hospital about my grandmother . . " He tells me. Snapping his head to the side quickly in an attempt to look at me then bringing his attention back to his phone in his hand just as fast. 

I hear the click sound of the keypad . . his must be writing something back to them. I wonder what he's saying. I have been wondering what's going on with his grandmother. Eric doesn't really say that much about her or anything about her progress in the hospital. Well, I guess that's just how Eric is. He doesn't really like to share certain things. That's okay though. It may be a very emotional topic to talk about. I understand that. Eric hops out of bed, sitting on the edge as he puts his pants back on as they lay on the floor beside his side of the bed. He stands up . . walking over to the dresser on my side of the bed and throws on a plain grey shirt. 

I sit up, holding the blanket to my naked chest. 

"Are you going to the hospital? . . " I ask. 

"Yeah, I am. What are you doing today? . . " Eric asks me. 

That's weird. Why does he want to know what I'm doing today? Well, he may just need some time alone for when he gets back from the hospital. I get that. I'm not working for a few days so I'm thinking of what I can do to pass some time today while Eric is visiting his sick grandmother. 

Hmm . . 

"Umm . . well, I might do some shopping for a few hours . . " I tell him. 

He nods. Taking a mental note of what I just told him while he finishes up getting freshened up to leave. If he needs some time alone, I'm going to give that to him . . no questions asked. He deserves that. Oh . . he'll definitely tell his grandmother about our engagement. Oh, I know she'll be so happy for us. 

"Good. Hours you say, Olivia? . . " He questions. 

"Yeah, a few hours I'll be shopping . . " I tell him. Smiling to him. 

He comes over to me, kissing me on the cheek and quickly walks out the bedroom door . . his footsteps defending down the flight of stairs and out the front door. I hop out of bed, wrapping the white bed sheet around my naked body. Making my way to the bedroom window. I look out. Seeing his car driving down the street, around the corner and out of my sights. I look down . . my head falling down softly as I start to think. 

About Michael and how he must be feeling today. 

I let out a soft sigh. I feel terrible. I do. What he said to me last night outside the restaurant . . I didn't want mean to just walk away from him the way that I did. I was shocked. Completely. I didn't know what to say back to him. I didn't know how to react. For 10 years of our friendship . . Michael has held this secret from me. A secret about his love for me . . real love. True and real love. Wow. It's hard to believe almost. He just locked it away in his mind where only he had the key. I walk downstairs . . the soft shuffle from my bare feet on the wood floor boards is all that is heard. I walk towards my phone that's sitting on the kitchen counter. I haven't spoken to Michael since last night. Since . . he told me. I want to talk to him . . ask him how he is today and that I miss him. I need to call him and make sure that he's doing fine . . doing okay. Just thinking about it just tears my heart into tiny little pieces.