Part 23 ~ Blind

Olivia's Point Of View ~

"Michael, are you home? . . " 

I yell out happily. A huge smile is spread across my face. I'm very excited. I skip towards the stairs then run up them like they are on fire, burning and just about to turn into dust underneath my feet. 

"Yeah, I'm in my room . . " 

I hear Michael call out as I reach the top of the staircase. Knocking on his bedroom door with great enthusiasm. I hear him invite me in as I press my ear against the door. I open it, the image of Michael lying down on his in bed watching television. His finger pressing the button to change the channel, flicking through one program to another in a matter seconds. He finally gives up, switching the television off altogether. He looks at me, sitting up. His full attention is on me now. 

"What's up, Liv . . why are you so excited? . . " He asks me.

I just got off the phone with Eric. He told me that he has plans for the both of us tomorrow night. Eric has selected a very fancy restaurant to dine at. It's only the best for me, he says. He's so sweet. Eric also said to me that he wants everyone there with us. Friends and family he wants them all to attend. He says he has something to announce and wants lots of close witnesses. Maybe, he just got a promotion at work. Well, he has been working very hard as of lately. I have invited my mum of course, along with my cousin Carly and Sam her now husband. But I couldn't not invite Michael. Michael has to be there because he does mean the world to me. He's such a good friend. 

"You wanna come to a fancy restaurant tomorrow night? Eric planned it . . " I tell him. 

Hmm, Michael doesn't look that happy. Uh oh. 

I look down at my phone, reading the long text message that Eric sent me explaining everything I need to know about tomorrow night.

"Eric said he has booked a table for about 10 people. The more people their the better, Eric says . . " I say, giggling.

"Please Michael . . " I say. Pouting my lips to him, imitating a little puppies cries. Michael chuckles.

"Okay, fine . . I'll be there" I throw my arms around him, hugging him tightly. 

"Thank you . . thank you, Michael . . "

I run out of his bedroom, going next door to my bedroom. Preparing to take a nice, long shower. I let out a soft sigh. As I image the feeling of the warm water when I am to finally step inside, the contact of the warm water when it hits my exhausted being. I can't wait. Ugh! Work was so crazy today. But now it's the end of the day and all I want to do is have a shower and then go out to have dinner and be with Eric. I hear Michael's voice, he's calling me. Breaking me from my loose state of mind. I turn around as he walks into my bedroom, closing the door. I look at Michael . . in this moment, he seems very serious and it's leaving me concerned. I feel the muscles in my body begin to tense up. When Michael is serious, it's normally about something pretty bad. He's normally childish humour has suddenly vanished. Michael's humour is so funny and it's kinda cute actually. One time, we were walking through the park, late in the afternoon and Michael stopped to climb a tree. Along with him challenging me to climb up too. I wouldn't, I didn't. I was always too afraid. We would both be giggling and I would wait for him to climb back down again. Or that time when we were watching Peter Pan and he would be throwing popcorn at me. But this, I have never seen Michael act or even look so serious in a long time. Something really must be bothering him. He walks over to me, until he's standing in front of me. Holding both of my hands with his, intertwining our fingers. Our eyes connect instantly. I feel his eyes look far into mine. 

"It's about Eric . . " Michael tells me. 

I become confused, very confused. My eyes darting away from Michael's soft stare before I glare back at him. Eric . .