Part 2 ~ Rainy Days

Michael's Point Of View ~ 

3 months later 

I pick up another packet and read what it says quietly to myself. I don't know what she usually gets. Ugh! I'll just get this one. It'll do the job that it's suppose to do. I walk up to the registers and pay for what I bought . . walking very quickly to get to my car in the parking lot. Wow . . this rain is really coming down now. When I left home it was only a light shower, said the weather reporter . . 

I let out a loud groan as I sit in my car, dripping wet from the rain that had just completely drenched me from head to toe. I hate rain . . I hate it. 

I arrive home about 20 minutes later . . 

Again, running this time to get to my front door. I take off my jacket and hang it up on the coat rack next to the door, allowing the rain droplets to fall onto the floor that were once on my coat. 

"Hey Mike, there you are! I was getting a little worried about you . . " I hear a voice from behind me say suddenly. 

I turn around to face Olivia . . 

"Michael, your soaking! . . " She giggles as she looks at my dripping curls. 

"Get out of those wet clothes and get changed into something else so that your warm"

I give her a kiss on her cheek, digging my hand into the plastic bag to give Olivia what she most desperately wanted me to get her from the store just now. 

"Aw Michael, thank you so much babe . . " She says wrapping her arms around me. 

" . . and I got you these too . . just because I know you love them, Liv"

I pull out a box of her favourite chocolates . . handing them to her, waiting for her excited expression to come across that enchanting face of hers. 

She grabs the box with a huge smile. 

"Michael, you remembered that chocolate is exactly what I need when it's my time of the month" . . 

"And yes . . these are my favourite chocolates . . thank you" She says with a giggle.

I head upstairs into my bedroom to get changed into some dry clothes. I put on a white shirt and black pants . . grabbing a towel from the bathroom, drying my damp curls with it. That's better. I head back downstairs to find Olivia sitting down on the couch with a woolly, warm blanket on her lap . . eating the chocolates one by one. 

"Hey! . . what about me babe?" Chuckling . . I sit next to her. 

Letting out a loud exhale as I find immediate comfort from the soft cushions on the couch. I put my arm around Olivia . . she leans into me, flashing me a smile before she puts her back against my chest and stretching her legs out across the couch. 

I know what you're thinking . . 

And no. Olivia and I are not together. When she came to me, that night 3 months ago now, crying over that loser of a so called boyfriend Eric . . after she walked in on him and some random girl. Olivia knew then that it was time for a change in her life. She was taken advantage of by him for a whole year of them dating. Eric lied to her. And seeing what she saw really opened up her eyes

 I hope so. 

The next day, Olivia went back to Eric's place but only to collect her belongings. I went with her, of course . . she knew that he was going to be out but she still wanted me to come along with her. 

I didn't mind. . 

I was happy to be there for her . . she's living with me now. Being there for her physically . . that night that we did it was the first time the two of us went down that road in the 10 years of our friendship. I don't know about Olivia . . but I felt completely connected with her. It was a moment that I will never forget. A moment where myself and the girl that I'm in love with shared a very special experience that involved only us. I don't want it to be thought that I was just using Olivia because she was upset. I have always loved Olivia. I was in love with the idea . . I still am.