Part 14 ~ ill

Olivia's Point Of View ~

I pull the bed sheets up to my chest. Leaning my aching head back onto the large, soft pillow that sits behind me, closing my eyes . . my tired eyes. A lazy smile spreading on my lips as if the softness of that pillow had halted my throbbing head for those lovely few seconds. My body is flushing hot and cold. I grab a tissue from my bedside table next to me, blowing my nose. 

I must look so beautiful right now . . not! 

I went to my scheduled doctors appointment that my mum had booked in advance for me the other day. I sat down, waiting patiently for the doctor to call me in when all of a sudden, some sick guy comes into the waiting room and sits right next to me. Coughing all over me and now . . 

. . I'm actually sick. Ugh! Didn't his mother ever tell him to cover his mouth? 

Christ.

It effected me almost instantly. And there I was worried about that awkward moment when the doctor was going to say there is nothing wrong with me. My eyes are becoming so exhausted but when I'm sick like this . . I can't sleep. I can't breath because my nose is all blocked up. But sleep is all I need right now. This is so frustrating. I feel as if my head is about to explode and not to mention, I have a massive headache. Oh, the joy of picking up the common cold. I look with lazy eyes to see Michael walking into my room, towards my side . . holding a tray in his hands . . 

"Okay baby, I have made you black tea and a bowl of chicken noodle soup" . . 

He explains with a smile, pointing to them with his finger. He places the tray on my bedside table before leaning down to leave a kiss to my cheek. His face turning into concern before placing a gentle hand upon my forehead. 

"Olivia, you feel as if your burning up a little . . you feeling a little better, baby?" 

I flash him a weak smile, shrugging my shoulders to his concerned question. I close my eyes. I put my hand on his arm as his hand still sits gently on my warm forehead. I actually am feeling a little cool but still warm . . I don't know . . Ugh! I hate being sick. I hate feeling like this. He takes his hand off my forehead, quickly walking into my bathroom that's still connected to my bedroom. He comes out holding a cloth. 

"Here, baby . . I'm gonna put this on your forehead, okay?" He asks me gently. 

He always worries about me, for some reason. But I'll be fine. I just nod tiredly at Michael, answering his question but in a very mute way. 

"Olivia . . your so tired. Please get some sleep. It will make you feel a lot better" . . 

I shake my head slowly. Disagreeing with him immediately. 

"No I can't sleep when I'm like this . . " Oh God. I sound terrible

"Liv come on, you're exhausted . . please" He says softly to me. 

Michael starts to take off his black loafers, walking over to the other side of my bed. He lifts the covers for him to get it next to me. He lifts his arm up as he welcomes my weak, tired body to be near him . . for some reason. 

"Come here, baby . . " He says. 

"Michael. Babe I don't wanna get you sick, too . . " I say, throwing in a weak, husky chuckle. 

He reassures me, a giggle in his words. 

"You won't, don't worry. I don't get sick that easily . . " He tells me. 

I really don't have any energy whatsoever to argue with him . . so I just give into him.

"Okay . . " I say. A husky laugh releasing from my throat. I scoot over to him. His arm lowers around my shoulder. My head on his chest, along with the palm of my hand resting on his stomach. In this moment I'm feeling a little cold, I cuddle into him a little more. I must say, this does feel a lot better. I'm actually quite comfortable. I think I could be able to finally get some much needed sleep. I close my eyes as I hear Michael turning on the TV with a simple press of a button on the remote. The feeling of Michael brushing his fingertips along my arm is making me start to drift off. 

Michael's Point Of View ~

It's 4:00 in the late afternoon. And I'm just watching my true love sleep. I love how close she is to me right now. I'm relieved she's getting some rest, she sure needs it. Last night she got no sleep. After she came home from the doctors, she said she knows for sure that she's sick and has caught a cold. 

I brush my fingertips up and down her arm again. My poor beautiful girl. She seems so weak right now. I feel as if I need to be with her, to protect her from everything and anything that could bring harm to her in such a fragile state such as now. It actually breaks my heart to see her so sick and ill. I know she'll be fine, I know that. But it still hurts me. I feel as if I have something on my mind that I can't seem to shake off - it's those flowers that were left out the front of our door.  I just can't seem to get this mysterious delivery out of my head. Who are they from? Just the thought of this uncertain individual wanting to come back into her life concerns me. Who is this person? Olivia hasn't said much about it, actually. I don't think she knows who it is either. She said that she rang her mother to ask her if she sent them, but Olivia's mother said she didn't.  

I look down at her again. All that I want . . is her. God!

Why is it so hard? She's right here, so why can't I just . . say it? I pick up the damp cloth that's resting on her forehead and dap it oh so gently on her cheek and around her face, trying to cool her down. She does seem like she has cooled down, but she still feels warm too. I love that she's so close to me right now. She's so unwell but I don't mind. Now it's got me thinking, it's Olivia's birthday coming up very soon and I wanna do something special for her, of course. I am  thinking dinner perhaps? 

Then maybe, just maybe . . I can tell her. It seems perfect. 

6:30pm. 

My heart beats faster upon the sight of Olivia walking into my bedroom. I look at her, she's rubbing her eyes. Her hair is up in a high, messy bun and she's wearing an oversized black hoodie. She looks so cute, so gorgeous right now. I'm sitting on my bed with my legs stretched out in front of me, my back against the headboard and a good book in my hands. She sits next to me with her legs crossed . . 

"Hey, baby. How you feeling?" I ask her. My hand on her forehead again. Well, I can't help it. I need to make sure she's getting better. I just want what's best for her. 

She nods. A small smile on the corner of her lips. "Yeah . . I'm feeling a lot better than I was" . . 

" . . that sleep was just what I needed . . "

I smile to her. I'm glad. She's feeling so much better now. I sit up and move closer to her, entwining my fingers with hers, leaning into her to place a soft kiss on her cheek. She giggles, looking at me. Knowing I have something to say. 

"Your birthday is coming up, baby . . I wanna take you to dinner, what do you say?" 

I ask, giving her a goofy look, making her laugh lightly. I kiss her hands as they are still entwined with my own. 

"Michael, my birthday is not a big deal . . " 

I cut her off. 

"Now that's not true. Your birthday is a big deal . . " I say with a smile. 

My mind is flashing images of us together in this bed . . in my bed. I don't know what she may call it but when Olivia and I would make love until we just simply can't no more. It's the most beautiful thing to me. When it's nobody but her and I together . . when it's nobody but us. This place, this room, this bed where we sit now, is so pure to me. It's where I just wish to get under the covers with my true love and just shut the rest of the world out. Just being in the bed all day and making love to her again and again. That is paradise to me. I pull her into me so now she straddles my lap. Her arms around my neck and my hands sitting on her lower back. Oh I love to hold her close to me, right now and always.

" . . and I wanna celebrate it with you, baby . . please . . " I whisper. 

to be continued.