Part 7 ~ Movie Mischief

Olivia's Point Of View ~

I hurry over to my car. My keys jingling as they dangle from the silver ring that my finger is looped through. Pressing the 'unlock' button that is so considerately provided.

Easy.

Driving off happily. Turning up the voice of one of my favourite female vocalists. It's a voice that you listen to because it's quite unique and beautiful. It's lyrics that fill you with emotion and gets you thinking and reflecting. See, it's this music I bleed, these lyrics I breathe and the melody is such a part of me. I bob my head along as the speakers blast it out throughout my car. I love music. It's helped me through a lot. I really believe that.

Michael and I are going to see a movie tonight. We both picked it out, it's a romance one . . 

Okay fine . . 

I picked it out. 

But Michael said he doesn't mind what I decide to watch. He's fine with anything. I have been feeling so much better . . about the whole 'forgetting about Eric thing'. Especially with hanging out with Michael more and more. We always did hang out before but . . now that I'm not in a relationship anymore, I have more time on my hands. Truth is, I still am thinking about Eric. He hasn't completely gone from my mind but at this moment . . right now . . I believe that I feel some what okay about it. I feel like I'm actually living now. I know I have Michael to thank for that. That night when Michael and I had sex in the lounge room by the burning fire. It gave me so much more confidence in myself. He made me feel sexy and loved. Michael was very sweet and considering, he always is  . . but that night something seemed real and true about him. Like whatever he was feeling in that moment with me, was indeed true? . . 

I don't know . . I must be thinking too much into it. 

He was very passionate. I always knew that Michael was good but that night I was like . . 

Wow! 

He blew me away. We have slept together before that night and I must admit that moment was quite beautiful and different from the others. The thing with me is our sex, I always see it as a casual thing that we do. I don't see it going any further than that. Michael and I are not together, no. Don't get me wrong, I love Michael to death, I adore him. He's an amazing friend, he's that certain person that is there for me to make me feel better emotionally and physically.

I open the front door of our apartment. Stepping inside to find Michael sitting on the couch and  watching television? . . he is aware that we're actually going to the movies really soon? . . 

He turns around to face me, flashing me a smile. 

"Hey Liv . . how was work? . . " He asks me. 

"Yeah, it was good thank you . . " I say chuckling, nearly falling over as I take my shoes off. 

I hold onto a nearby chair to steady myself. I make my way to the stairs, my toes poised against the bottom step with my head turned to look towards a distracted Michael. 

"Michael? . . I'm just gonna get changed, then we can go . . " I announce to him. 

" . . ah . . yeah, sounds good, baby . . " 

He says lifting his hand up. Signalling me to carry on but fails to look over at me at all. 

I roll my eyes, cracking a smile and make my way up stairs. I quickly throw something on and head back down the stairs, back into the lounge room where Michael is still staring at the television screen. I walk over to him, a cheeky smile spreading across my face. Placing my arms on the top of the couch, leaning down to Michael's ear.