Part 15 ~ Under The Stars

Michael's Point Of View ~

"Olivia, you sure you're feeling better? . . "

I call out to her from my room as I attempt to do up my tie on my suit in the body length mirror. It's the sweet sound of her delicate vocals that invade my ear, a smile immediately spreading on my lips that I swear will never leave every time I hear it. 

"Yes, Michael. It has been a few days now. I'm feeling much better, thanks! " She replies.

Oh I am so happy that Olivia is indeed feeling better. But at the same time, I'm sad. It's just, I loved taking care of her, looking after her. Just simply being the one that was there for her. I loved that role. To hear her call out for me if there was anything she may have needed or wished for. To something simple like going to the shops if she needed more cough medicine or something more delicate like holding her close until she fell asleep. But now, she's 100% in full health and of course I couldn't be happier, relieved for her to be back to her beautiful, sunny self. For tonight, I have booked a very fancy and oh so very special restaurant for Olivia's birthday. I do hope she loves it. I'm sure she will. The tap - tap of some kind of expensive yet fashionable high heel is heard throughout the hallway as she makes her way towards my bedroom. I look up into my mirror to see her standing in the doorway . . seeing my gorgeous girl wearing that dress . . again. She looks like an angel. 

I turn around to her face . . my tie still undone . . 

"Your wearing that red gown again, baby . . from Carly's wedding . . "

I say with a hint of daydream in my voice. Oops! I hope she didn't notice it. She walks over to me, her head looking down as her hands rest elegantly upon her gown as she comes closer and closer to me. 

"Yeah. You remember it, Michael? . . " She asks me. 

" . . how could I forget such a beautiful red piece of clothing, baby" I say, winking. 

She just giggles at me. My chocolate brown eyes locking onto her green emerald ones. I can feel my heart pounding in my chest. If only she knew how she makes me feel. 

"Here Michael - let me help you, babe . . " She says sweetly. 

She reaches her hands up to my tie around my neck. Her scent of coconut and vanilla mixed invades my nose. I clear my throat as she's only centimetres from my slightly trembling self. Finishing my tie, she comes even closer into me so there is no space between me, hugging me. Her arms wrapped around my neck. 

"Thank you for tonight, Michael. And for looking after me when I was sick . . " She says. Whispering it in my ear, a nervous giggle is heard in her voice. I feel her fingers comb softly through my curls in a very comforting way. This is beautiful to me . . this moment, right now. My arms responding to her warm gesture, wrapping themselves around her waist. 

"Your welcome, baby . . " I tell her. 

It was something I was more than happy to do. Because I'm in love with the girl. 

Simple. 

She breaks the embrace, a sweet smile on her face. Oh man. She's giving me a heart attack over here.  I'm feeling like that same 17 year old again, back to when I first saw her this gorgeous girl 10 years ago. Olivia was only 15 at the time. When I first saw her . . it was love at first sight for me. As soon as I met her . . I knew I didn't want anybody else. I just love her with everything that I have. 

_______________________

Olivia and I are greeted by a middle aged looking gentleman. He's dressed smartly in a suit, giving us a smile and a nod as we enter the restaurant . . walking towards me.