Chapter 13

Chapter 13: Seth and the phase
Cassie's Pov
Once I got to where I wanted I sighed and nocked on the door. Sue opened the door and I smiled slightly. "Is Seth here?" I asked. Without a word she just nodded and let me in. Once I walked in I knew he was in his room. Since both of us are the same age we used to hang out a lot down here so I knew my way around the reservation. Once I got to the door I started debating weather or not to knock on the door. I don't want to bother him when he's really upset, but I don't want to leave him alone to head by himself either. I was about to walk away when his door swung open making me jump slightly. "Hey Seth, are you okay?" I asked seeing as his eyes were puffy as if he'd been crying. He motioned me into his room and I sat down on the bed looking up at him. He sat down next to me after shutting the door resting his head on my shoulder. Even though we weren't saying anything it felt like we were saying a lot. I wrapped my arm around him rubbing his back as I felt a tear fall onto my shoulder. "Seth, don't cry. If you cry you'll make me cry" I said laughing slightly at the end.
Seth's Pov
I don't know what was so different about Cassie but she made the empty hole I felt from my dad being gone feel whole again. I just sat there hugging her and we didn't say anything. "I miss him" I whispered. Cassie rubbed my back and I heard her sniffle, "Me too Seth, me too" she nodded and we sat there until I broke the silence by asking if she wanted to play twister. Yes... twister. Ya, I love that game. After a while of spinning Cassie moved her left hand to red and I could see her cleavage right in front of my face. I quickly looked away clearing my throat spinning to see what I had to do next. Right hand blue. Great... now I'm basically right on top of them.
Cassie's Pov
Seth is so close to my boobs right now. I don't even know what to do I felt awkward. I spun and before it could even stop Seth fell right on top of me. "Seth!" I exclaim and sat up quickly. I guess that's what Seth thought to do as both of us bumped heads... hard. "Ow shit" Seth cried rubbing his forehead. "Awww the poor baby" I said in a baby voice pinching his cheeks. That resulted into Seth tickling me. I was very ticklish so I started trying to get away but he had me pinned. Suddenly all the motions stopped as I felt his breath fan my face. I looked into his eyes and we both started leaning in. Once our lips connected they soon disconnected. "Cassie I'm sorry. I don't like you that way, it was just in the moment type thing. Um, another round?" He asked as I stared up at him. Seth... my Seth is turning me down. I felt my heart split in two and suddenly anger consumed me and I started shaking. "Uh I have to go Seth sorry." I said quickly getting up heading for the door. As I opened the door it was closed by Seth's hand. "Cassie if it's because of the kiss I'm sorry. Please stay." He begged which made my shaking become stronger. "Seth please let me leave. I don't want to hurt you" I said backing away from him as I could feel myself about to lose control. He walked closer to me resulting in me walking backwards. My back hit the wall and Seth wrapped me in a hug. I was still shaking and I finally pulled myself out of his grasp and ran out the door. Right as I got into the forest I heard the rip of my clothes and felt my bones shift as I phased. I wish that kiss would have never happened. What kiss? I heard Embry's voice in my head. Shit, I thought I'd be the only one out here. I thought today there weren't supposed to be any patrols. I thought avoiding the question. There aren't any patrols today I just wanted to take a run. Now don't avoid my question. Embry said making me curse myself as I was being too obvious. What kiss? He said and I mentally sighed. I kissed Seth. I said and Embry sounded excited. That's cool Cass so are you guys together now? He asked and instead of replying I just thought of what happened and what Seth said making me let out a whine. He'll come around Cassie he's just sad about Harry that's all. Embry said and all I did was run off. I don't know when I'll be back but it'll be soon.
Seth's Pov
Why did I say that? God I'm so stupid. I've liked her ever since we were little I probably just messed up everything. I felt myself suddenly get hot and I felt weird. What the hell? I started shaking and I decided to go for a walk since it should be colder outside than it feels in here. Once I got outside the heat just seemed to get 100 times worse. All I could think about was Cassie and how stupid I was to say what I did. It felt like I was closer to the ground, and on all fours. What's going on. Seth? I heard someone ask in my head. Woah who the hell was that? Shit I have to go get Sam. I heard and suddenly the voice was gone. I was walking around and was confused I looked down and saw paws. Seth, it's Cassie listen before the boys come back. Tell them I'll be gone for a while and to not go looking for me. Tell Embry that I'm sorry for not telling him goodbye in person bye Seth. I heard Cassie say and I got confused. What the hells going on? The legends are true now focus and phasing back and there should be shorts for you somewhere in the bushes. I heard Cassie say and I did as told. Suddenly there were 3 wolves in front of me and they all looked confused. They disappeared and then Sam Embry and Paul showed up in front of me. "How did you know what to do?" Sam asked confused. "Cassie told me" I said. "She also told me to tell you guys that's she'll be gone for a while I don't know why though she didn't say. She told me to tell Embry that she's sorry for not saying good bye in person and then she told me the legends are true and told me how to phase back and where to find shorts." I explained and I saw Embry start to shake. "YOU'RE THE REASON SHE LEFT" he yelled and was about to lung at me but Paul held him back. "Embry calm down" Sam said well more like commanded and he stared explaining how it was going to work. Patrols, I had to stay at home to control my temper. Then he said my sister might phase making me want to complain since Leah is the queen of annoying.

Sorry the chapter was short I'll try and make the next one longer.