Chapter 9

Chapter 9: Welcome Jacob
Cassie's Pov
I finally get to go home today it's been two months since I was home, so my dad and I are going out for diner. Sam has gotten more strict with me since I like to try and question him as alpha. Paul says I'm strong since it hurts like hell when you try to disobey the alpha. Paul... ya that's just a weird thing. Him and I, I guess you could say it's like friends with benefits? I don't really know for sure though. Paul usually comes to me when he needs to blow off steam. Sam was saying that Billy says Jacob is getting close to phasing which made me and Embry happy. Embry was also making fun of Paul and Jared because they both owed him $50? I don't know why but I'm guessing it was a bet. We've started making a lot of bets and I've got $200 already. Sam was lecturing me right now about going home. If you feel like you need to phase blah blah blah. I wasn't really listening I was just playing with my fingers thinking about nothing. "Cassandra" I heard making me look up from my hands. "Are you even listening to me" Sam asked. I laughed slightly and shook my head no. "Okay you can go already" he sighed running his hand over his face. That's the thing, I stress Sam out so much it hilarious. I got up and basically ran all the way home. Man I haven't been there in so long I missed it. Once I finally got there I saw my dad waiting for me in the front and I ran to him jumping on him. "Dad! I missed you so much" I said squeezing him. "I missed you too" he said and set me down as we went to walk to the car. To the dinner we go.
Embry's Pov
We were all sitting around eating when we heard a weird howl. We all ran outside and then we also heard Cassie howl. You guys it's Jacob. She thought and she was standing right in front of his wolf. He was sort of a russet color.
Cassie's Pov
Once I heard the unfamiliar howl I told my dad I had to go and would be back later then went into the forest phasing. Once I got to the new pack member the thoughts automatically told me it was Jacob. Always thinking of my sister now are we? I laughed and he turned to me and growled I felt everyone else phase and told them it was Jacob. Jacob got into a fighting position. I got ready too just incase he was going to do something. Both of you back down. Sam said in the Alpha command and I whimpered as I tried to not listen and eventually I was on the floor like a little scared pup. Ugh I hate the Alpha command. And the Alpha command loves you Cassandra. Sam thought as all the wolves came over. Stop calling me that! It's Cassie. I thought growling at him. Sam started explaining to Jacob what he was and how to phase back blah blah blah same thing with me before yadah yadah yadah and etc. etc. After same was actually done with his stupid crap Jacob finally phased back and... DEAR LORD MY EYES. I barked at Jacob as he was now naked and went to pick up shorts in my mouth and threw it at him. Once we all phased back Sam gave me a stern look obviously hearing what I was thinking about all the stupid crap he was telling Jacob. You know... I think deep deep deep... deep down, Sam actually loves me. But... I really doubt that. No wait, highly doubt that. Ya that's better. I went and hid behind Embry so Sam "wouldn't see me" yes I'm three years old mentally thank you very much. I jumped on his back and kissed his cheek as we all made our way back to Emily's. "Wait till you try the food" Embry told Jacob and I could have sworn Embry's pupils turned into little hearts. "Ya that's why Embry has all this fat" I said and patted Embry's stomach. "Hey!! I'll have you know that I have a six pack." He said which made all of us laugh. "Stop lying to yourself Embry" Paul said agreeing with me. "Shut up Paul the only reason you agree with Cassie is because you bang her almost every other day!" Embry said getting mad at Paul. I felt the tears well up in my eyes and I slid off of Embry and started running the rest of the way to Emily's house. Sure Paul comes to blow off steam every week or so, but Embry doesn't have to go pointing that out to everyone and making it sound like I'm some sort of slut for Paul. I ran inside slamming the door running up the stairs to my room closing the door, jumping onto my bed and started crying. Yes, I'm a cry baby and I hate it. I'll cry for basically anything. After a while I heard a knock (I don't even know if it's knock it nock but... oh well) on the door and Sam walked in. I felt myself being pulled into his lap and I immediately clung onto him and cried. "Hey, it's okay. Embry was just mad he didn't mean anything he said. He feels really bad. Paul punched him if that makes you feel better" Sam said and rocked me back and forth comforting me. This is when I know that Sam actually did love me, and I loved him too, but we just had a weird way of showing it. I guess he was kind of like an uncle I've never had. Eventually Sam's rocking slowed and everything went black.