Chapter Twenty-Three

(Rocky's POV)

After drenching myself with entrails and blood of the Walker I killed, I slowly walked out into the open. Walking and staying silent, I walked passed the first Walker.
It turned to my direction, sniffing for the scent of fresh meat. I stayed silent, careful not to scream or cringe fast in fear. I swear, it looked dead into my eyes, then turned around, not paying attention to me.
I mentally cheered in delight and walked through the waves of the undead. I was so tempted to gagged and throw up, but that would give away my disguise. I knew Clem and everyone were counting on me.
I saw the horde of Walkers that were beating on the doors to Lily and her men. They were about to break down the doors. I turned away, not having the strength to watch the end unfold.
I searched for the doors to the Meat Locker, hoping and praying that no Walkers were trying to break down the door. Since Kenny's loud punches and swearing, I was afraid that the noise would draw the attention of the Walkers.
Please don't let there be any Walkers. Please don't let there be any Walkers. Unfortunetally, there were Walkers. Thankfully, not alot to kill. Maybe about a dozen, but that meant I had to somehow either trap or kill all at once.
I bit my lip as I rubbed a finger on the handle to my crossbow. I knew this was the best answer. I checked my arrows and cursed. I only had eight arrows left. I didn't have any other materials to make more arrows.
That meant I would probably have to ditch my crossbow. I shook my head, vetoing that idea. I decided to cause a distraction, but hopefully without sacrificing some surviviors. Where is it... I stared at the walls until I found the source of the speakers.
I slowly walked to a door and opened it slowly. I walked in once I made sure it was clear. I searched for something to make sound as I heard a creaking of a door.
I whirled around and noticed the door to the audio room was still closed. I heard a moan and the smell of rotten flesh. Oh shit! I turned around and felt weight hit my chest, knocking the air out of my lungs.
It snapped at my face. Judging by the badge, keys, and blue tattered uniform, this was once the security guard. I put my arm under its neck, giving me at least some distance from the flithy beast. I grabbed my pistol and aimed at its head. Instead of firing, I bashed the side of its head with the barrel, blood flying to the side.
It collasped, but I crushed it's head with my boot before it could finish what it started. I winced as I felt a stinging pain on my arm. I pulled up my jacket sleeve to reveal a deep gash. My mind went blank as I realized that my jacket was stained with blood from the Walkers.
If that blood goes into my system... I could turn into one as well. I slowly covered the wound with my sleeve again, hoping Clementine or Lee can help. I finally found a disc that would hopefully work. I searched for a disc player, but couldn't find one.
I thought that maybe I could find a radio. Frequencies could still work and transmit a signal. Once I found a working radio, I connect several wires together to the speaker. As the blaring voices and music played, I quietly and slowly went to the Meat Locker, which was on the other side of the Warehouse.
The Walkers definetally heard the ruckus and shuffled their way to the source. I saw the door to the Meat Locker, which was now clear of Walkers, and pried the door open with a crowbar I found on a table.
Everyone looked at me and the first thing I did was throw up outside the Meat Locker. What a classy thing to do.