Chapter Six

(Clementine's POV)

I wore the hat I've worn since first grade again, I guess I wouldn't be Clementine without it. I had to readjust it, so it would fit again. Lee chuckled and smacked the bill down, making the bill hit my nose.
I pulled it back up and glared playfully. He laughed and smiled. It was good to have Lee back. I would be better if we had Kenny as well. Just thinking of Kenny, I thought about Katjaa and Duck, his wife and child.
They died in the first apocalypse. Duck was bit and Katjaa couldn't get over the fact that they had to put Duck down. She... She killed herself. She commited suicide, but I couldn't blame her. I would've done the same if it was my son, and there are worst ways in this world to die than suicide.
Later on, Kenny met Sarita, a very kind lady, but... She was bitten during our escape from Carver's stronghold. I had to cut off her hand, but she still died. Kenny blamed me for what happened to Sarita, that it was my fault she died.
I snapped back to reality when I felt Lee's arm on my chest, stopping me in my tracks. I looked around, alert, and he pointed to a tree. There was a walker on there. It was tied to the tree, but still alive.
Lee and I looked around for any other walkers, so we didn't walk into an ambush. We quickly, but quietly, walked over to the walker. Lee pulled out his knife and stabbed it through it's skull, killing it quickly, but silently, so it didn't attract any uninvited walkers.
I hope these trees aren't hiding any walkers. Wait, trees? I didn't realize, until now, that we walked into the woods next to the farm. We continued to walk, my hand on my katana.
Once we were clear and out of the woods, we saw the farm. It was rather large, but unguarded. The only thing protecting it was the barbed wire fence, and that was all. Walkers could easily crawl through, feeling no pain, only hunger for flesh.
I heard Lee sigh. I guess he was hoping for at least some protection. We walked up to the gate as I pushed Lee back behind a tractor. He winced and looked at me, "What?"
I peered around the tractor, then ducked, "A group of Walkers. About ten of them, plus God knows how many." I explained to him. If we waltzed right into that fenced area, we would've been a buffet to alot of hungry Walkers.
He sighed and peered around the tractor, "We need a distraction." He said. I scratched my head, my heart heavy at my next words, "Or, we have to find somewhere else."
He looked at me, his eyes showing how tired he was, but he nodded, "I guess that's the best plan we have for now." I took a look at the map and looked up at Lee, "There's a smaller farm just up the road, we can look at that for now."
He nodded, then stood up, holding his knife out in case the Walkers saw us and gave chase. I put the map away and readjusted the heavy backpack on my shoulders. Please let this next farm be free of Walkers.
With heavy hearts and sore bodies, we sneaked around the Walkers and the farm. We walked onto the dirt road, the only thing left in us was fear, and a little hope.