Secrets

*5 Days Later*

*Aery POV*

My mothers funeral was beautiful. Erykah planned it very well.... She also arranged for Keira to live with her favorite cousin until I could get myself together. After my senior year, I decided that I would work and go to school so Keira could live with me. This week has been the worst week of my life. I thought that loosing Trey was bad..but not having a mother Anymore is..unexplainable.

All of my friends came to support me. Justin came with his friend from that day at the mall. It was weird...because the dude shed a tear at my mothers funeral. I asked him if he was okay and he said that he lost his moms too. I guess I understand. Smoke came and he sat beside me and held my hand throughout the service. Ray sat on the other side of his mother who was beside me. He looked upset that Smoke was holding my hand. At the end of the service everyone was coming up to me and hugging me. I really didn't want to tho. Old ass women was kissing my cheeks and shit. I was too ready to go. Me, Smoke, Erykah, and Ray got in the limo. On our way home from the funeral Erykah kept lookin at me. I got tired of her starring .

"Ummmm do you need something Erykah...???"

"Yes...Actually..."

"Wat is it??" I asked curiously.

"Well..we arranged for your sister to stay at your cousins but...she didn't have anywhere for you to stay..but I found somewhere for yu to stay ..."

"Where??" I was kind of disappointed that I couldn't stay with Keira...I didn't want us to be separated but she knows my number just in case anything jumps off.

"Uhh... Aeryelle your gonna have to stay with us." Ray tried not to smile

"Uhh... No. I don't like that idea. I don't wanna live with Mr. I cheat on my girlfriend for no fvckin reason." I mugged him. Smoke didn't look too pleased either.

"Look. I'm sorry okay. I have apologized and apologized but it doesn't work. Aeryelle I love you and I'm sorry for hurting you. I was jealous but I can't take back wat I did. I know yu hate me and I would too..but yu have no place to go. You can sleep in my bed..I'll sleep on the couch but just please...please accept my apology." Ray pleaded..

"Aery..yu know I love yu.. But I live all the way in ATL.. You can't stay with me. I mean until you graduate. And all yo home girls down here. Baby you gotta live widd dem for a while. When yu graduate you more than welcome to stay with me." Smoke added

"Fine! I'll stay! But I am NOT sleeping in that bed you fvcked that bitch in! I'll sleep on the couch." I said and Ray let out a sigh.

"Okay" He said. Then there was silence.

"Aeryelle I need you to pack up your things wen yu get to your house. I bought a storage building for the rest of the stuff. The movers will be there in a coupe of hours." Erykah said. I didn't answer back I just nodded slowly.

We pulled up at Ray house. Me and Smoke got out and started to walk across the yard to my house. I turned around and seen Ray tag along ass following behind us.. I let out a big ass annoyed sigh.

"You still mad?" Ray asked

"Bitch I might be!" I replied.

I walked in the house and went up the stairs. I changed into some shorts and a tank top. I put all my clothes in a trash bag. Smoke put all my other important stuff in a bag. Ray put my shoes and jewelry in another. I decided that I was being a bitch and I needed to drop my attitude. I mean.. everybody that i was yelling at was trying to help me. I was done bagging my things so I walked in Keira room to see that she cleaned all her shit out. She ain't have shit left in there. I seen Ray and Smoke walk past the room with my bags..taking them to Ray house. I took the small window of quiet time I had to go and look through my mothers things. I walked into her room and my heart felt heavy. I walked over to her jewelry box and took out the diamond necklace my mom always wore. I also took out the family ring. It originally belonged to my grandmothers mother. I've never met my grandmother and my mother never talked about her at all. Anyways , I moved over to the closet. I instantly spotted my moms favorite hoodie. It was a black and yellow Pittsburgh Steelers hoodie. She loved that thing to death. I remembered one day We were riding in the car and Black and Yellow came on the radio and she started going crazy.

"Ayye!! This my song" I remembered her saying as she turned it up.

"Ma, this song so old...." Keira said.

"So, don't blow my shit....." Mama said.

I laughed as I reminisced. I sat on the bed. Scanned the room and came across a paper sticking out of the bedside table. I tried to open the drawer but it was stuck. I yanked it and it opened but a letter fell out. It was from an Angela Fulton. I read it.

"Karrie. Why won't you stop by and see me? Or Better yet, stop by to see Camelo. He needs to see his mother. He's almost 21 years old. Don't you think its about time he knew about yu? You live right down the road. Its not right for him to be without his real mother. He knows who you are. He's seen you. He looks exactly like you! But yu won't take the time to get to know your own boy. I know you were young wen you had him but that is no excuse to leave him in the dirt like he never happened. We have all made mistakes baby, now its time to face them. I love you.

-From Mama"

I have another brother??? She is so wrong for keeping him away! She had me and Trey at a young age too..but why was 'Camelo' the only one she didn't want? And if he is 21 that means she had him at 14.

I was so confused so I decided to search for more letters. I didn't find any but I did find a diary. I opened it to the last journal entry which had the same date as the letter.

"I knew this day would come. I want to see Camelo so bad but I'm scared. He's going to ask me all these questions that I'm not ready to answer yet. I love Camelo with all my heart but I can't bring myself to meet him. I know that sounds stupid. I have yet to meet my 21 year old son..or my 21 year old secret. I know I can't hide this forever but I need to be prepared to travel down memory lane wen he starts asking questions. Right now...I'm not ready. There is stuff down that road too painful to bring back up. I know he wants to meet me..but I just can't. But, I love you Camelo Ramirez Fulton, my very first child."

I can't believe wat I just read. There are even more secrets??? I was about to put the diary in my bag wen a picture fell out. I picked it up and I couldn't believe wat I saw. It was a picture of Justin friend from the mall. But in the picture he looked younger and he didn't have dreads or tattoos. I turned it over on the back and it read.

"Camelo Ramirez Fulton Age: 16"

"What yu got??" Smoke asked as he and Ray entered the room.

"Nothin.." I said slipping the picture back in the diary and putting the diary in my bag.

"Okay... Well the movers is here" Ray said.

"Alright." I said as I grabbed a few more of my mothers things . I put them in a bag and I called Justin. I told him to come over and bring his friend from the mall. He seemed kind of angry at me. Anyways I made my way downstairs to see Ray and Smoke going savage on my fridge and cabinets.

"Damn!! Y'all ass ain't that hungry!" They looked at me with arms full of snacks.

"Yes we is!" They both said. I seen my fruit snacks in Ray arms and my Cheeto Puffs in Smoke hand.

"Nigga give me my shit." I said snatching my fruit snacks from Ray.

"An yu too!" I said taking my Cheetos.

"Ole munchies having asses! And why y'all ain't wait on me???" I asked.

"Cuz yu can't handle wat the fvck we be on.." Smoke said devouring the chocolate chip cookies.

"Yea right..." I said eating my Cheetos. I watched the movers walk in and out of my house. I was chillin until this fine ass dude widd his waves on swim came up to me and asked me for some water.