Yo Man Ain't Me

Yo Man Ain't Me

"Baby I promise I'll face time you EVERY chance I get "

"OK baby, you promised so I feel a little better."

"Good now give me a kiss I gotta go , like now."

We shared a sweet kiss and said our goodbyes, then he left. I'm very proud of my man. He's my best friend, we never argue, he's a sex machine and a gentlemen, what more could I ask for??

My phone rang

" Sex Ain't Better Than Love I been outchea in these streets and I done learned that Sex Ain't Better Than Love I dun seen it all done done i-"

It was a unsaved number.

" Hello" i spoke through the phone.

" Hey Charisma?" A male voice said over the phone.

(mv male voice)

"Yea who is this??..."

I recognized the voice

"Chris??"

"Yea, hey what's up?"

"Hey & nothing chilling, what's up?"

"Remember I owed you that money, are you home?"

"Yea I'm home & ok"

" Alright, same spot?"

"Yup"

"Is....Trey-"

"No Chris he's not here but he knows that you were gonna drop the money off to me, so everything is fine"

" Ok we'll I'm on the way ."

20 minutes later 

DING-DONG
the doorbell rang

"Coming!"

Chris POV
Damn I ain't been here in a minute! I stood there for about 2 minutes till she opened the door . She looked absolutely beautiful!

"Can I come in?"

" Umm ..idk if-"

"Charisma, I'm not going to be disrespectful. I just haven't spoken to you in a while."

"Ok Chris, come in "

I walked in her house, she redecorated. Everything looked modern! Her livingroom  television was bigger. More portraits on the wall. ...even a picture of her and Trey. ...her.Walls were painted. Looked like she was doing good for herself..

"So...your here let's talk lol."

I could tell that she was nervous

" Here the money is inside of this envelope."

I handed her the envelope, she placed it on the island in her kitchen.

" thank you "

She came back and sat down on her couch , I sat down next to her

" So how you been , how's school?"

She chuckled.

"What ..what's so funny?"

"School Chris? Lol school is fine if you really wanna know.  Thanks for asking  I'm a junior now. I'll have my bachelors really soon."

"Good for you  how's life treating you."

"Wait. What happened with you and school "Mr Brown"??"

"Idk I -I justwasn't feeling the whole teaching thing anymore...I hate routine living, if you know what I mean ."

" I totally understand, I do. That's one of the reasons I moved to California. I was doing the same stuff, hanging with the same people...living but not "living"

"Yea like your missing something or"

"Wasting life" we said in unison.

"Yea. So that's why I retired a little early lol".

"A little early? Boy you damn near just started! You left us to fend for ourselves. Leaving us with dumb ass Ms. Carrell. I had to drop that class lol. She kept failing my test!"

"Aww straight up lol" 

"Yes! And I didn't understand shit with her lol".

We both shared a laugh

" I always get a good laugh with you"

" Hahaha yea" 

" So how's your OG and pops?"

"Well my dad says he dun found Jesus in jail lol but he's good and clean. My Mom on the other hand is still the same..."

I tried to change the subject, I didn't want her mood to change

"So you say pops then found Jesus huh lol"

"Yea haha ,he be sending me Bible verses and everything . Trying to tell me what to and not to do" 

"My baby that's a phase niggas go threw lol next he'll be a damn Jew."

" Hahahaha what boy!"

"hey baby you can call,me Matitiyahu Muhammad" (I said in a deeper voice)

". That was so corny lol" She said smiling.

" Anyway, how's you and oh girl?"

"Girl i ain't show that girl no attention since that night in Jamaica. She text me but I don't reply ".

"Oh damn, what YOU do now!?"

"You acting like I'm that bad I ain't do nothing . But for real, I never got the chance to tell you how sorry-"

" It's cool , I'm happy now"

"Chrissy, i really am sorry ...it's just"

"It's ok chris, forget about it"

"So you ..honestly don't think of me anymore  ...us anymore?"

"Chris no I don't" She said looking away from me

" Chrissy?"

Chrissy POV

My phone rang, saved by the,bell  !!

" She ain't perfect, but she's worth it Every breath I breathe, for the life of me And I know I might not deserve it But she loves me, and it's simply amazing (you are-"

"Hey, this is Trey calling I'll catch up with you later"

"Alright  ...."

Chris left without even looking back at me.