We're Gonna Ditch This Town Part 2 (The End... or is it)

"So, have you decided where you wanna go yet?" Ashley asks me as we continue down the highway. We've been on the road for a good four hours now.

"I don't know. I haven't really thought of anywhere. I say you choose." I tell her, grabbing her iPod changing the song.

"Do I have to make all the decisions?" She asks before turning to me and smiling.

"Well, this was all your idea." I say as a Sara Bareilles song comes through the speakers. She shakes her head and rolls her eyes as I begin to sing along to Love Song. "Um." I say looking at Ashley then out the window.

"What is it?" She asks glancing over at me.

"I kinda gotta pee." I tell her and she sighs.

"Spence. You know we weren't gonna stop until we were at least eight hours into the trip." She tells me in a sing song voice.

"I know, I know." I whine. "I can't help it baby. And I'm pretty hungry too." I say in a small voice.

She shakes her head and smiles before saying, "You're such a little kid, Spence. I swear."

"You love me." I smile and kiss my girlfriend on the cheek as she pulls off the highway. We pull into a gas station where I quickly hop out run inside to use the bathroom.

"Oh my God, I feel so much better." I exclaim as I exit the gas station. Ashley doesn't acknowledge me, she just keeps her eyes focused on something. I walk over to her and hold up the two cheap cell phones I just bought out of the store. "Looky what I got us, baby." I say all cute like, waving the phones in her face but she still doesn't acknowledge me. She keeps her eyes focused on whatever she was looking at when I came out of the store. I follow her line of sight, straight to a cop car sitting in the parking lot about fifty feet away from where she's parked. "Fuuuuck." I mumble out as I make my way to my girlfriend. "Who called the cops?" She shrugs but doesn't say anything. "Oh my God, we're gonna go to jail. Your dad called the cops and now they're looking for us. I'm too young to go to jail Ashley." I go off on a rant, pacing back in forth in front of my girlfriend. "Do you know what they do to girls like me in jail, Ash? Oh my God, oh my God."

"Pull it together, Carlin." Ashley says grabbing my shoulders, yanking me around to face her. She nods her head in the direction of the cop and I see that he is coming towards us. "Be cool. I got it."

"Afternoon ladies." The officer says to us once he reaches us.

"Um, hello officer." I stutter out and get a look from Ashley.

"Hi officer. How are you this fine afternoon?" Ashley asks calmly. Why do I get the feeling she's had run-ins with the cops before?

"I'm doing mighty fine myself." The officer says adjusting his belt. 'Mighty Fine?' I mouth to my girlfriend as he starts to walk around her car looking inside. "What are you two girls doing here, shouldn't you be in school or something?" He asks as he reaches the back of her car, checking out the plates.

"Well you see officer, we're from LA and there's no school today so my friend and I decided we would take a day trip and just see where we end up." Ashley tells the officer who nods.

"You're a pretty long way from Los Angeles." The officer states the obvious as he steps back in front of us.

"Yes sir. We were just stopping to go to the bathroom before we headed back." Ashley says with a smile.

The officer takes another look at Ashley and I before saying, "Alright, well you girls be careful. Get home safely." He adds then retreats back to his car.

I let out a big before of air then say, "That was a close one." Ashley turns her head from the cop to look at me.

"No it wasn't. That cop had no idea what was going on. You're the one that almost gave us a way, scaredy-pants." She says in a mocking tone as she opens the driver side door and gets in. I run around to the passenger side and get in, tossing the phones I just purchased on the floor in front of me.