Rebels Without A Cause

"I'm having a hard time concentrating with your hair blowing in the wind like that." Ashley tells me as we lay on a blanket on the beach. I'm on my stomach reading my Literature textbook and she's on her back facing the ocean.

"I'm sorry Ashley," I say averting my eyes to hers. "Would you like for me to tell the wind to stop blowing? Would that make you happy?" I quip.

"Immensely." She says cocking her head to the side and smiling.

"Today was beyond crazy." I say changing the subject, turning my attention back to my book.

"Yeah, I know. I didn't expect Madison to go all Layla Ali on Carmen though." Ashley says, propping herself up on her elbows. "It was fun to watch though."

"Madison's mom is gonna kill her though. Madison has never been suspended a day in her life."

"Really?" Ashley asks surprised.

"Hard to believe right? People know not to mess with her."

"I guess Carmen didn't get that memo." Ashley says and we both laugh. "I'm gonna go take a dip in the ocean, you coming?" She asks as she starts to undress.

"What, do you wear a bathing suit under your clothes everyday?" I asks as she kicks off her shorts to reveal a pink and black bikini.

She shrugs before saying, "Maybe. So you coming or what?"

"I think I'll pass." I tell her turning my head back to my book.

"Suit yourself." She says before taking off towards the water. I watch as she runs and emerges herself in the water, letting the small waves bounce her around. "The water is amazing!" She yells from the water. I shake my head and giggle at her. I turn my attention back to my book, well, I try at least. It's kinda hard to read a story when your extremely hot girlfriend is behind you frolicking in the ocean.

Despite that, I really needed to finish reading this story for Literature. We have a test on it tomorrow. So against my better judgment, I focus all my attention on my book and it was working—for the most part. Until...

"What the hell, Ash?" I ask looking up at the smiling brunette.

"What?" She asks with an innocent look on her face.

"You just rung your hair out all over my school book."

"And?" She asks, quirking an eyebrow.

"And...um." Wait what's my and? "Um... it's school property?..." I say as she giggles.

"So what are you gonna do about it then, Spencer?" She asks bending down in front of me. Her voice raspy and playful.

I smirk before replying, "Run, Davies." I tell her as I start to lift myself up from the towel.

"Huh?" She asks with a confused expression.

"Run!" I say again and she gets it, cause she takes off running—me on her heels. "I'm gonna kill you, Ashley." I joke as I chase her down the beach.

"You'll never catch me, Carlin." She yells back over her shoulder, as she does a bunch of evasive moves trying to lose me. I'm not falling for it.

"Gotcha." I say leaping onto her back. We both fall to the ground. I spin her around, both of us giggling like crazy. "Seems like you're not as fast as you thought you were, Ms. Davies." I said matter of factly.

"Or did I just let you catch me?" She asks raising a brow.

"Don't pretend like you did cause I know yo-" She cut me off with her lips. Thank goodness there aren't many people at the beach. Just a older couple and some teens a good one hundred feet from us.