Karma's A Bitch

"Can we skip school today, please?" Ashley mumbles into my neck as she snuggles closer to me. After last nights events...*cough*... you know... all the movie watching we did. Ashley and I are both pretty beat, but we can't skip school. No matter how much I would love that.

"No, Ashley. We can't." I tell her as I reach over and shut off the alarm clock. "We promised your dad we wouldn't do that remember." I say and she groans.

"It's not like he'll know. He's not gonna be home until like midnight and I'm sure he's already gone." She reasons with me.

"Ashley." I start, turning around to face her. "I'm not gonna give your dad any reason to believe that I'm a bad influence on you and kick me out. We're going to school and that's that." I tell her. She pouts before burying her head in the pillow and letting out a scream. "Don't be so dramatic." I say as I get up from the bed and make my way towards the bathroom. "Are you gonna join me or what?" I ask, raising a brow as she lifts her head from the pillow. A smirk plays at her lips before she leaps off the bed and beats me into the shower. I giggle as I join her.

After another session of um...moving watching, Ashley and I ate breakfast and headed to school. I know that it's killing Ashley to get up this early to come to school when she doesn't even have a first period, even though she tells me it's fine. I know she only did it before to see me, but now that we're living together she doesn't need to anymore. I need to look into getting a job so I can buy me a car.

"I'll see you at lunch." Ashley says as we pull into the school parking lot.

"Speaking of lunch, I've been meaning to ask you for forever now...How do you get to leave campus when you're only a junior?" I ask as she puts the car in park.

She looks at me and smiles, "I have my ways." I quirk an eyebrow. "Okay, okay. That new gym King High has this year, well it was compliments of one Raife Davies." I nod my head in understanding. Basically, he bought her a get outta jail free card... if that makes any sense. "Pizza okay?"

"Pizza's great." I tell her, before I give her another quick kiss and exit her car. When I make my way into first period, Madison is already in her normal seat and Carmen isn't, as usual.

"Hey chica." Madison greets me as I take my seat next to her.

"Hey. I'm starting to think she's avoiding me." I say flicking a thumb in the direction of Carmen's empty seat.

"She's knows what's good for her." Madison says coolly, before reaching in her bag and grabbing her notebook.

"Madison." I say and she looks at me.

I shake my head and giggle at her. "Nothing, never mind." I tell her grabbing my notebook from my bag. I know that Madison has been itching to beat the crap out of Carmen, well because she told me. Carmen has been non-existent lately and she better hope that Madison doesn't see her, outside of school especially. That would be a bad day.

All throughout class people kept turning around and staring at me, whispering. I would have figured by now Ashley and I's relationship would be old news...guess not. I was extremely glad when the bell rang signaling the end of class. But I know that this is what I have to look forward too in the rest of my classes.

"Pizza for lunch okay?" I tell Madison as we both gather our things.

"Okay, cool." She says before we both exit the classroom.

"I am so sick of people staring at me." I say as I take a bite out of my pizza. "I mean like really? Do these people have nothing else going on in there lives that my life is so freaking important to them?" Ashley, Madison and I are sitting at a lunch table in the corner of the quad as everyone around us stares and whispers. It's so ridiculous.