Make You Feel My Love

A couple of months passed and my birthday was approaching fast. It was only a week away and I had no idea what I was doing for it. My relationship with Aiden had become exactly what I didn't want it to—pretty much all sexual. I spent most of my time with Ashley, Aiden didn't notice much because football season had picked up and the time we did spend together was quick. He'd become addicted to me—in his words. After school quickies and sometimes on the weekend were really the only time I saw him.

Madison and Carmen noticed, though. I'd told Madison about what happened with me and Aiden and she didn't understand why I'd taken it there, knowing I was catching feelings for someone else. I didn't understand either. She told me that I needed to end things with Aiden before things got worse—but I already knew that.

Carmen and I's relationship, if you can even call it that, has been pretty much non-existent. Estranged. I feel like I don't even know her anymore. It's weird cause we used to be so close, I guess I'm not the only one that has changed since the beginning of senior year. Madison noticed and told me that she'll come around, and be back to her normal ol' self in no time. Come around to what? Did Carmen know about my feelings for Ashley? Had Madison told her?

Ashley and I started hanging out on a regular basis, like I said, two or three times a week and most weekends. We've become extremely close. My feelings for her growing each day, but me still not acting on them or even admitting to having them—especially not to Ashley.

--

As I pulled in front of Ashley's house a regular weekend hangout, Aiden called.

“Hello.” I answer, putting the car in park.

“Hey babe. What you doing today?” He asks and I can hear the video game in the background.

“Nothing.” I say getting out the car.

“Can you come over later?” He asks, before yelling at his game. Probably playing COD: Black Ops. “Maybe we can go to the movies or something?” He suggest and I sigh. I don't know why hanging out with Aiden had suddenly felt like a chore. 

“Maybe.” I say doleful. I really needed to sit down and have a conversation with him. I just wanted sure exactly what to say. I mean, I had no real reason to break up with him. He was great to me, but I was falling for someone else—hard.

He sighs and says, “Fine Spencer, don't come over. I'll just talk to you later.” He hangs up before I can respond. The old me would have called him back to work it out... Sometimes I miss that, simpler times. When everything in my life made sense and I wasn't falling for someone that wasn't Aiden, someone that wasn't a girl.

I ring the doorbell when I reach her door and not more than a minute later I was greeted by a smiling Ashley.

“Hey.” She smiles a nose crinkling smile. I love that smile. So genuine.

“Hi.” I say as she grabs my hand and pulls me back towards the driveway. “Where are we going?” I ask, confused. I thought we were spending the day at her house.

“It's a surprise.” She says as we reach her dads Porsche. “You don't wanna sit in the house and be bored all day do you?” She purses her lips and tilts her head.

“I'm sure we could find something to do.” I say, realizing how she probably took that. Ashley has a dirty mind. A smirk creeps onto her lips and I quick say, “Or... we could go out.” She laughs and shakes her head, opening the door on the passenger side for me to get in.

“You have a dirty mind, Spencer Carlin.” She says shutting the door and getting in the drivers side. “I like it.” She adds and we pull off.