Exposed Part I

"Good morning, baby." Ashley greets me as I get into her car.

"Morning." I smile then reach over and hug her.

"Is there any particular reason you wanted to come get me for school this morning?"

"Besides the fact that I would miss you terribly if I didn't see you until lunch, everyday?... no." She smiles, then puts the car in reverse and backs out of the driveway.

The entire car ride to school was silent. But not that awkward silence where we were uncomfortable but the just right kinda silence. She grabbed my hand after pulling out of the driveway, kissed my palm, then held it for the rest of the ride to school.

The whole scene was quite adorable. It took everything I had not to get her to pull the car over and attack her on the side of the road.

"So, I'll see you at lunch then?" She asks as we pull into the schools parking lot.

"Of course." I give her a small smile before unbuckling my seat belt and grabbing my bag from the backseat.

"Can we eat off campus today? Just me and you, maybe?" She asks, timidly. Aw.

"Sure baby. I just gotta break the news to Madison." I laugh at little and what I think Madison's reaction will be.

"Kay. I love you." She tells me as I open the door.

"I love you, too." I say as I shut the door and head towards my first period. My phone buzzes. I look down and see it's a text from Ashley.

'I miss you already.' It reads.

'I miss you more. Only four hours until I see you again.' I reply as I make my way in the class and to my seat.

'Four looooong hours.' She texts back. I smile at my phone and look up to say something to Madison when I realize that she isn't here.

I scroll though my call log then quickly text her. 'Where are you? You're never late for first period, you love Mr. Fitz.' I text Madison and a couple seconds later I receive a text back.

'I think I have like a bug or something. Mom says no school today. Sorry chica. I know how much you hate being a school alone.'

'Don't worry about me. You get better. Can I bring you soup later or are you contagious?' I text her back.

'Mom will have gloves and a mask waiting for you at the door. '

'Lol. Gotta love that woman. I'll see you around five.'

'K. Love you.'

'Love you, too. Feel better. :('

I quickly text Ashley, 'Madison is at home sick today so I didn't have to give her the I want some alone time with my girlfriend for lunch so can I ditch you today, speech. Yay! :)'

'Haha. I'm glad. I'll meet you at my car as soon as third block ends okay?'

'Kay.' I text back. You know... I still never asked her how she gets to leave for lunch when she's only a junior. Probably has something to do with her dad.

Class went by super slow, especially considering the fact that I didn't have Madison to talk to. Carmen didn't show up for class either but I'm not really sure if we're ever going to be able to go back to how we were before this year. It just feels weird, you know?

When the bell rang for lunch, I hurriedly made my way out of class to Ashley's car. Where she was standing waiting for me.

"How'd you get here so fast?" I asks as she unlocks the door and we both get in.