Exposed Part II

When we pulled into my driveway my heart was beating so fast I could hear it. "You want me to go in with you?" Ashley asks as she put the car in park. I look over and give her a small smile.

"No, I think this is something I need to do on my own." I tell her and she grabs my hand and squeezes it.

"I understand. I'm not gonna go far so just call me if you need me okay?" She tells me, squeezing my hand once more.

"Okay."

"I love you, Spencer. Okay? Nothing and no one is gonna change that. I'll be here if you need me, I'm not going anywhere."

"I love you, too." I tell her then exit the car. She backs out of the driveway as I make my way up to the door, willing myself to go in. I finally turn the door knob and go in.

"Spencer!" My moms voice immediately calls me from the living room. I walk into the living room to find my whole family and a priest. "Spencer..." My mom starts, walking up to me. "I'm gonna ask you this one time, and one time only. Are you and that girl together?"

I look past my mom to see my dad and brother looking down, probably here involuntarily, and the priest staring at me with questioning eyes as he holds his bible close to his chest. Really mom? A Priest?

I don't wanna lie to her, I'm not gonna deny Ashley. I love her and my mom can't stop me. Or some Priest for that matter.

"Yes." I say simply. Not like I need to go into details about it. Her breath hitches and she covers her mouth with her hand, averting her gaze away from me. "Mom, I love her." I admit quietly, glancing over at my brother and father whose eye's are still glued to the ground. The Priest looks like he wants to say something, but I guess he's waiting his turn.

My mom goes to say something but I guess it gets caught in her throat. "Mrs. Carlin, may I?" The Priest asks stepping forward, placing a hand on my moms shoulder. She nods and he steps closer to me, with a small smile on his face. "Spencer, dear. I'm Father O'Harra." He extends out his hand for me to shake and I take it. No need to be rude to him, it's not his fault my mom dragged him into this. "Would you like to sit?" He questions and I shake my head.

"Look, Father. I don't wanna be rude, cause I know that you were called here by my mother. But I love Ashley and nothing and no one is gonna change my mind." I tell him and he nods his head.

"I know things sometimes can become a bit confusing when you're a teenager. Feelings and emotions start developing, and everything becomes one big blur. If we look at the big picture, the picture God has created for us, then we'll see that these events merely are there to test your faith, nothing else." He tells me calmly.

"Father, I..." I start.

"You're gonna go to hell, Spencer. Do you understand that?" My mom cuts me off. And I can see the tears now forming in her eyes. I don't get why this hurts her so much, this is my life, let me live it. My dad is now on his feet at my moms side consoling her. Why is he consoling her for? I'm the one under attack here. Thanks dad!

"Mom, I know that right now all this seems bad, and I'm sorry if I embarrass you but this is who I am. Ashley is who I wanna be with." I say stepping closer to her, but she moves back like I'm diseased.

"That girl has changed you. You're not my daughter, I don't know who you are." She spits out.

"I'm the same Spencer, mom." I don't know why I feel the need to defend myself. She's never gonna understand.

"No, you're not." She says, detaching herself from my fathers grasp. "And you're gonna live under my roof you're not allowed to see that girl anymore!" She yells, causing my brother's head to shoot up, and my dad to try and calm her.