We Have Got To Stop Meeting Like This

For the rest of the day I couldn't stop thinking about her and I didn't know what was happening to me. In last period I took our seats back in the back of the classroom cause I didn't know what was happening between Ashley and I but I knew whatever it was... it was wrong.

Aiden had football after school again so Madison gave me a ride home and stayed over and Carmen came over a little while later.

“What's up with you today, Spence?” Carmen suddenly asks. We're all on my bed watching T.V.

“Nothing.” I say defensively.

“Right, cause you normally bail on us during lunch.” She says raising her voice at me causing Madison to turn and look at her.

I don't get why she's so upset.

“I didn't feel good. God, is that a crime?”

“Nah, no crime. My bad. I thought you were off making friends with the new girl cause I saw her follow you into the bathroom.” Okay, so you're watching me now? That's not weird.. that's not weird at all.

“Guess she had to pee.” I lie, and honestly, I'm not even sure why. It was like telling them that Ashley and I are kinda becoming friends was wrong or something.

Carmen shrugged and we all went back to watching T.V. About an hour later I get a text from Ashley.

'Wanna hang?' It says. I don't answer right away. Not really sure if I should or not. 'Sorry I was being so weird earlier.' She quickly adds. I smile then reply back.

'It's cool. Yeah, let's hang pick me up in thirty?' I text back.

'K.' She replies and I look up to see Carmen staring at me.

“Mighty smiley aren't we?” She jokes. “Who was that, Aiden?” She asks.

“Yeah.” I lie.

“Is he coming over, cause I really don't feel like smelling his man funk.” Madison sits up on the bed.

“No he was just saying that football practice was done and he was gonna call me later.” I lie again.

“Oh good.” She lays back down.

“Um... guys, I have a lot of homework to do so I'm gonna just start on that.” I tell my friends hoping that would get them to leave so I could get ready to go and hang out with Ashley.

“Do your homework then bitch.” Carmen says, not taking her eyes off the T.V.

“You guys and the T.V are a distraction. I say, hoping that excuse would be good enough.

“Ugh, fine!” Madison says, getting up from the bed. “If you wanted some alone time with Aiden that's all you had to say.” She smiles as she pulls Carmen off the bed.

“Seriously, I just wanna do homework.” I assure my friends as they give me the 'please don't even try that' look. “Aiden is not coming over.” I tell them and I can tell they still don't believe me. Whatever, I'll let them think what they want.

“Call me tomorrow. I know you get your car in the morning, so just because you don't need rides anymore doesn't mean you should stop being a loyal friend.” Madison laughs at herself.

“Oh, hardy har har. Real funny, cause I was your friend before you got your car. Now Carmen on the other hand, that's another story.” Madison and I laugh, while I receive a glare and a middle finger from Carmen.

They leave and I get ready. Twenty minutes later I get a text from Ashley telling me she's outside. I run down the steps and almost into my mother.