•11•

Lucas can finally come home today. Its been two weeks and I've visited him every day. He forced me to go to school after I missed Monday and Tuesday of the first week he was in the hospital. Most of the time I slept on his bed with him since I wanted to have as much time with him as I possibly could. There was the very rare occasion that I would actually go home. I only went home twice because my mom got home from work early and Lucas told me I should be with her since I don't get to see her often. The time I got to spend with her was great. We sat at home and caught up, played bored games and stayed up until about one in the morning, both of us laughing about how tired we would be in the morning.

I talked to Lucas as I walked him out of the hospital "now, remember what the doctor said. You have to change your bandages on your head and knee twice a day, but you only have to change the bandaging on your chest when you shower. And you have to use your crutches for another two weeks until your knee heels."

I noticed Lucas roll his eyes at me before replying, "okay, Mom."

I laughed at his childish comment before opening the car door for him after unlocking it. After helping him into the car, I shut it and walked around the other side to climb into the drivers seat.

"You know, it sucks not having any of my money anymore. And now that my dad is not paying for the house anymore I'm going to have to get a job and find a house on my own." He let out a frustrated growl before continuing "I don't know why my father has to be such a..."

Lucas was cut off when I honked at the person in front of us for not driving like a sane person, ironically silencing his curse word.

"Oh my god that was great" I said whilst laughing.

I felt bad for Lucas. I bet going from being rich to almost being in the streets is hard. I suggested that he keeps on acting, but he told me that since his father wasn't there to push him into doing it, that he was happy that he could finally stop. He was going to stay with me at my house for the time being, seeing as he has no house and no money. I told him that he is sleeping on the floor because boys have cooties. He said that I better watch out because he is a sleep cuddler and I said watch or cause I'm a sleep puncher.

We arrived at my house and as I waffled in I opened my arms wide as a gesture to the house and said "welcome to la casa de Hart!"

"I feel very welcomed" he said with a small laugh.

I watched as he looked around my house, taking everything in. I couldn't tell what he thought about it. I wasn't sure if he was anywhere from disgusted by it, to loving it. I suddenly became very nervous, something that only happens when I'm around him.

"well?" He questioned, focusing his attention on me.

"What?" I asked.

"Aren't you going to give me a tour?"

"Oh. Well, okay" I said as I began walking toward my living room.

"This is my living room," I then, without moving my feet, pointed to my right and simply said "kitchen." I turned and pointed to the other side of the house, "bathroom." I then pointed a little more to my right toward where mine and my mom's bedrooms were. "And over there are the bedrooms. The one on the left is my moms and the one on the right..." I trailed off as I walked over to my bedroom door and opened it for him to see inside. "Is my room. Where you will be staying."

I watched as he walked in, put his stuff down on the floor, and sat down on my bed, looking around with a small smile on his face. "I like your house. It's cozy and makes me feel like I'm at home. Plus you couldn't get lost in it, which is a plus. Do you know how many times I got lost in my house before I figured out where everything was?" He stated with a laugh at the end.

I laughed along at his comment. "Come on, it couldn't have possibly taken that long. I mean you did walk in it every day of your life."

"I was 14 years old when I finally knew about all the rooms in my house."

"Wow."

"Yeah."

We laughed together for a little until it died down and we were sitting in silence. But it wasn't an awkward silence. It was comfortable silence.

Lucas broke the silence when he asked "what is there to do for fun in this side of town?"

Surprised by his question, I paused for a bit. I didn't really know what he meant by have fun. Did he mean, like, party type fun or chill fun. I finally ended answering him with one of the only things I do that doesn't require me to cross town. "There is this old coffee shop that i like going to. It's called Teresa's and the woman who owns it, Maggie, she has helped me through a lot. I always talk to her when I can't talk to my mom or even Riley. She is an extremely sweet old lady."

"Where's Teresa?"

"Oh, that's Maggie's grandmother. I told you it was an old coffee shop. It's been around for a while."

"Can we go there?"

I smiled at his cuteness as I responded "of course."

~~~

I wrote this on my computer guys. It's really different and I don't know how to do a lot on it. This is probably just a one time thing though so... Anyways, I hope you enjoyed! I now have an updating schedule as I will be updating every Friday.

~Lola