•5•

It's like my body went numb and my brain took over. I didn't know what I was doing anymore. I was currently having a passionate makeout session with Lucas Friar. It was like sparks were flying off of us. It just felt so right. Until he pulled away.

"Maya, I-I..." He stutered. "I can't do this."

"Why not?"

"I-I-I don't... Uh-"

"Lucas? Did you not feel anything in that kiss? Cause I sure as hell did."

"Its not that. It's just- I'm sorry." With that he got up and started running upstairs. I started running after him. I still wasn't quite sure what I was doing. Its like my body had a mind of its own. I started chasing him up the stairs. I missed a step and fell down before everything went black.

~

I didn't know where I was but it was scary. All I kept seeing was Lucas beating me while I lay there. Unable to move. He just kept hitting me. Kicking me in the face, stomach, back, everywhere. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't move. I couldn't scream. I couldn't call for help. I was helpless. And the only thing that was running through my mind was why is this happening to me? What did I do to deserve such a punishment, believe that something happy could happen in my life? Was I stupid to believe that I could have a happy ending?"

I suddenly had feeling. In my hand. Someone was holding it. Someone was there. I don't know how I can tell, but they were trying to get me out. Out of my head. Into the real world. I had to fight my way out. I had to believe that I could make it out. But I didn't want to come out. I didn't want to go back to that hated world. I didn't want to go back to the life that I had. The life with no happiness. I just wanted the person to let me go. To stop trying to pull me out. Let me be free. But there was one sliver of hope in me. One small part of me that managed to pull me out. The part that believed in a happy ending. The part that I needed to live. That part of me, saved my life. It pulled me out of the darkness and into the light. Back into the real world.

My eyes fluttered open, but then immediately shut due to the bright light. I groaned from the pounding in my head and then the lights turned off. I heard my name being called ever so lightly.

"Maya. Maya are you okay?"

I opened my eyes. And I saw him sitting there, next to the bed I was laying on. He was the only one there, actually. And I was terrified. Terrified that he would beat me like he did before.

I ripped my hand from his grip and started to cry.

"Maya what's wrong?" He asked, concerned. "Shhh. You're okay, Maya. Its gonna be okay. you're safe. I'm here." He said trying to hold my hand again.

I calmed down a bit and let out a shaky breath before speaking "Yeah. Yeah, I'm okay."

"Do you remember what happened?"

"I remember... kissing you. Then you rejected me."

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay, I knew that I wouldn't have a happy ending. It was silly of me to think that I could ever be happy."

"Maya. Don't say that. You will be happy. I know it."

"That's not true. But its okay. 'Cause I've excepted it." There was a short silence. "Where am I?" I asked realizing I wasn't in my room.

"The hospital. After I left you, you followed me and fell down the stairs. You were unconscious so I picked you up and drove you to the hospital. Thankfully, you don't have any serious injuries."

"Oh. Why are you the only one here?"

"I don't have any of your friends' or parents' numbers."

"It's okay. My dad left when I was little, and Its not like my mom would have come anyways, she's always working. I can leave, right?"