•10•

After the doctor ran tests on Lucas, she left and now it was just me and him again.

"So, what happened to you hating me?" He asked.

"I don't."

"Well I figured as much. But when did that change?"

"Lucas, I never hated you."

"Then why did you yell at me and say that you did?"

"I didn't say that I hated you."

"You implied it."

I sighed. "Lucas, I didn't mean anything that I said."

He looked confused. "Then why did you say it?"

"While we were at the resturaunt, I went to the bathroom."

"I recall that happening."

"Well, while I was in the bathroom. This girl, Katie, she came up behind me and had me in a choke hold. She kept telling me to stay away from you or she would kill me. I was scared, Lucas. I'm sorry. I should've told you."

"Oh my god. Its okay. I understand why you didn't tell me. But what I don't understand is how I got here and what you are doing here."

"Lucas, do you remember anything that happened?" I asked softly.

"I remember my dad. He-he hit me. Many times."

"Well, I was coming over to your house to explain everything to you and when you didn't answer, I walked in. I saw him kicking you and I panicked. I hit him in the head with a lamp. I called 911 and they brought you here. They kept telling me that there was little chance that you would live. I kept telling them that they were wrong. I said how you were strong and could fight through anything. I said how I wouldn't leave until I knew you were okay. They said that since your dad refused to pay, that they had to take you off of life support." I paused and let a tear fall down my cheek. "I thought you were dead, Lucas."

He hugged me. "Its okay. I'm here and I'm not dead. I pulled through. I'm alive."

"I know. But I was just so scared. I thought that I could never love anyone ever again." I paused for a bit before continuing. "I love you Lucas." When he didn't respond, I added "but don't worry, its okay if you don't feel the same way."

He didn't move. I was okay with him not being in love with me but I at least expected a nod.

"Okay, I know that you might not be in love with me but at least tell me that you aren-"

"I do."

"What?"

"I love you too." I smiled.

We sat there for a little and I grabbed his hand, intertwining his fingers with mine. I know its really cliché but Its like our hands were made to fit together. Just his touch send shivers down my spine. Just one kiss makes me melt. I was definitely in love.

~~~
Sorry its short but the last two were really long so... Anyways, I finished my other story, so now I am only focused on this one which means updates will most likely be faster or more on schedule. I'm sorry that this one was late though, I've been really sick for the past week and I forgot to update on Friday.

~Lola