Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

“Tough. I’m not having you two in the same bedroom,” my dad argued.

“But Dad,” I whined.

“But nothing. You’re only thirteen. Caiden can stay in one of the guest rooms.” I rolled my eyes and huffed before marching into my bedroom. Caiden was sat on my bed and he smiled when he saw me.

“Hey, green eyes,” he greeted. I sat beside him and rested my head on his shoulder.

“Are you tired?” he asked. I hummed in response.

“Go to bed then. What did your dad say?”

“That you have to stay in one of the guest rooms.” Caiden smirked and I raised one of my eyebrows at him. My bedroom door opened and I rolled my eyes again.

“Alexis,” my dad warned.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, Caiden,” I said and hugged him. He kissed my cheek as he pulled away then left the room.

“Get ready for bed, Lexi. I’ll be back in ten minutes,” my dad told me before closing my bedroom door. I got up from my bed and got into my pyjamas.

When I returned from the bathroom, Jasmine was sat on my bed reading my diary.

“His smile gives me butterflies. His hands are so soft and I could kiss him forever,” she read out. I snatched my diary from her and frowned.

“Oh, hello, Alexis.” I stayed silent and clenched my jaw.

“I just came to say goodnight. I got back about five minutes ago. You know, Nathan was going to take me out tomorrow but he’s changed his plans. Want to know why?” she asked but I didn’t respond.

“He changed his plans for you. You’d better hope he doesn’t do that again. I’m his life. Not you,” she told me before standing up and walking out of my bedroom.

I sighed before grabbing my duvet and dragging it off my bed. I dragged books off shelves and threw them everywhere. How could Jasmine be so horrible to me? And why didn’t my dad see it? I felt arms around my waist as I yanked clothes from the wardrobe and threw them behind me.

“Let go!” I screamed but I was pulled away from the wardrobe. The arms released me and I turned around to see my dad. He was frowning.

“Alexis! What are you doing?!” he shouted. This was the first time I had seen him angry.

“Leave me alone,” I muttered.

“Go downstairs,” he told me but I stayed put. “Now!” he shouted and I jumped. I went to grab my phone but my dad got to it first. He put it in his pocket and pointed towards the door. I silently left my bedroom and went down the stairs not daring to go and see Caiden. I sat on the sofa and pulled my knees up to my chest. Why couldn’t he see what was going on?

My dad soon came downstairs and sat down in front of the sofa.

“Would you like to tell me why you just messed up your room?” he asked. I stayed silent and heard him sigh.

“Alexis, behaviour like that is unacceptable. I won’t allow it in my house. Now tell me why you did it.”

“I’m sorry,” I whispered as a tear fell down my cheek. I buried my head in my knees.

“Well, until you tell me why you did it you won’t be getting your phone back,” my dad said. I looked up at him and frowned.

“You’re meant to be my dad. Why can’t you see what’s going on?” I spoke and his expression changed to confusion.

“What are you talking about, Lexi?”

“You wouldn’t believe me if I told you.”

“Alexis, you’re my daughter. Of course I’d believe you.”

“Not if it was my word against someone’s you loved.”

“I love you. Angel, you come first. You’re my daughter,” he told me. I sighed and decided to take a crack at it. What did I have to lose? My dad, I guess. But I couldn’t let Jasmine keep doing this to me.

“It’s Jasmine. She threatened me,” I said.

“Threatened you?”

“Yeah. She said that if I didn’t do as she said then she’d make my life hell. She told me that she didn’t want something from one of your past relationships to ruin this one,” I explained as tears flowed down my cheeks. My dad sat beside me on the sofa and pulled me into a hug. I buried my head in his chest and cried.

“Ssh,” he soothed and rubbed my back. “It’s okay, Princess.”

“Why didn’t you tell me sooner?”

“B-because she s-said that you w-wouldn’t believe me.”

“Okay, Angel. Let’s get you to bed. You can stay in the other guest room tonight,” he told me. He picked me up bridal style and carried me upstairs. I stopped crying when he set me down on the bed.

“I’ll be back in a few minutes,” he said then left the guest room. I pulled the duvet up over my body and snuggled into it. I bet he’d send me back to my foster parents and refuse to see me again. I didn’t want to lose my dad.

“No! She’s my daughter!” I heard my dad shout.

“She’s trying to break us up!” Jasmine shouted.

“Somehow, I doubt that,” he replied sarcastically.

“Why can’t you see what she’s doing?!” Jasmine almost screamed.

“She’s my daughter. She’s done nothing wrong and you’ve been threatening her! You obviously don’t love me because if you did you’d be happy that I’ve found my little girl.”

“Oh, yeah right. I can’t believe you actually think she’s your daughter. I bet she’s been lying all along. That’s what happens to celebrities, Nathan. People lie to them.”

“Like you’ve been lying to me?”

“I guess it comes down to a decision. Me or her?”