Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

“Hey. Hey. Time to get up, Princess,” dad said as he shook me awake, nudging my arm. I rolled over and rubbed my tired eyes. I opened them a slither and looked above me to be greeted by my dad towering over me. “Morning, Angel.”

“Morning,” I replied. I placed my pillow against the headboard of my bed and sat up, leaning against it.

“We best start getting ready. I know how much you want to see Caiden, eh?” I blushed at my dad’s comment and then used my duvet as a curtain to hide me. Dad laughed at my actions and continued, “C’mon. We need to leave soon.”

I nodded at dad’s suggestion and then climbed out of bed. I pulled the pristine white duvet off of my legs and swung my legs around, my feet landing on the carpeted floor below me. I stood up and raised my arms above my head to stretch. I sighed; still tired from the late night I had, had, and then made my bed. It saves the cleaners a job.

“You’re not even fully out of bed yet. You’re as bad as me!” dad exclaimed. I let out a small laugh and then shook my head; as if to shake off his comment.

“Hey, no one is as bad as you. You take forever,” I countered. We laughed off our banter and then got back to getting ready.

I was already out of bed and wasn’t sure what to do now. I was too tired for this. It was too early!

“Seeing as I’m already dressed, I’ll pack for you and make sure we have everything. You just go and get ready,” dad smiled. I replied a ‘thanks’ and then rushed into the bathroom with my pile of clean clothes. ‘At least this gives me a chance to actually wake up!’ I thought to myself.

I peeled off last night’s pyjamas and then got redressed into my new outfit. It was nothing special; it was only a jeans and t-shirt combo, but it was comfy, so I loved it. I looked into the bathroom mirror in front of me and noticed the state of my bed hair.

“Oh God,” I said to myself. That definitely needed tackling, but I simply couldn’t be bothered, so I just put it into a bun. It looked okay, I guess. Well, I wasn’t going to do anything else with my hair today, so it’s not like I cared. It was out of my face, so I wasn’t fussed.

I picked up my pyjamas off of the floor and opened the smooth, wooden door. I walked outside to see dad sitting on the end of his bed with our bags perched beside him.

“All ready?” he asked. I nodded and hummed in response. I shoved my PJs into my bag and then picked up my bags. “Let’s go,” dad said. I carried my bags outside to dad’s car whilst he carried his own bags. He offered to take mine too, but I insisted that it was my responsibility.

Once we reached the main reception desk, dad handed our keys in and then walked back over to me. We headed outside to the parking lot and then searched for dad’s car.

“Found it!” I exclaimed as I raced to dad’s car. Dad ran after me and we were soon stood by the doors of the car. Dad unlocked it and then opened his door. I opened the passenger side door and the sat myself on the passenger’s seat, next to my dad. Once we had settled into the car and put all of our bags down, we fastened our seatbelts and dad turned on the engine. I reached for my phone that was situated in my pocket and checked for any new messages.

No new messages

I sighed. I had hoped for a text from Caiden, but I guess I wasn’t getting one.

“I hope you’ve enjoyed spending time with me,” dad said, pulling me out of my daydream.

“Of course I have! I’ve loved every minute of it! Thank you for taking me again. I’m just glad I found you,” I replied.