Chapter Twenty Six

Chapter Twenty Six

I grabbed my bag and jogged out of the house locking the door on my way out. I got into the car and grinned at my dad. He smiled back and started the car.

"I can't wait to see them, Dad!" I almost squealed. He laughed as he drove us away from the house.

"I gathered," he chuckled.

Today was the day I was meeting Chloe, Mia and Olivia. I had got back from school, got changed and run out of the house leaving Caiden behind.

It was just a short journey to Costa from Dad's house and I jumped out of the car almost as soon as he pulled up.

"Call me when you're ready to come home," he told me and I nodded.

"See you later, Lexi," he said as I walked into the shop. My eyes scanned the room for any sign of my three best friends.

"Lex!" someone squealed. I immediately turned towards the source of the noise and saw three familiar girls sat in the corner of the cafe. I rushed over to them and wrapped my arms around Chloe just as she stood up.

"I've missed you so much," I said as I hugged her.

"I've missed you too. It's boring without you back home," Chloe told me as she let go of me.

I sat down in the booth and smiled at my three best friends.

"So how's your new school?" Mia asked.

"Good, I guess. Lia looks after me," I replied.

"Who's Lia?" Olivia questioned.

"She's Jay's adopted daughter," I answered.

"Is she a snob?"

"No! She's really lovely. She kind of gets how I feel because she's adopted."

"Well, that's nice. We're missing you back home. It's quiet without you," Chloe told me.

"Aw, I miss you guys so much. My dad and I are actually going back to Gloucester this afternoon to see Christy," I explained. The three of them stared at me as if I'd just told them I'd killed someone.

"What?" I questioned.

"You're taking your dad who hasn't seen Christy since before you were born to see her."

"Yeah?"

"You're mad," Mia laughed.

"I get it from you," I said with a wink. Mia looked at me with mock hurt and I giggled.

The four of us talked for a few hours until it reached half eleven. I unlocked my phone and tapped speed dial 2 for my dad's number and put the phone to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Can you pick me up please, Dad?"

"Sure. I'll be there in ten minutes."

I put the phone down and grinned at my three best friends.

"So I guess I'll see you later tonight as I'm going to Gloucester," I said.

"Yes you will!"

"I've missed you girls," I told them and they all smiled at me.

"The feeling's mutual."

I stood up and went over to the counter and ordered two cups of tea to go. When I returned to the booth my dad had just pulled up outside.

"Well girls, this is me," I told them and they all stood up.

"See you soon," Chloe said as she hugged me.

"Bye, Babe," Olivia whispered.

I smiled at Mia before pulling her into a hug.

"I love you," she whispered before releasing me. I smiled at her before picking up the two cups of tea and leaving the cafe. I got into the car and grinned at my dad.

"I got two cups of tea," I told him before waving at the three girls who had sad expressions on their faces. They waved back and I held my hands in the shape of a love heart. My dad started the car and drove away from the cafe.

"We're going to get Caiden from the house then we're off to Gloucester," he told me and I nodded.

"Can't wait," I smiled.

The drive back to the house was silent and I pinned it down to my dad's nerves. I mean, he hadn't seen Christy in thirteen years. We pulled up outside the house and I jogged inside.

"Caiden!" I called. He jogged down the stairs with his bag and grinned at me.

"Ready to go?" I asked and he nodded. He pressed his lips to mine and I smiled into the kiss.

"Let's go home," he whispered before exiting the house. I followed after him and locked the door on my way. I got into the car and smiled at my dad.

"Ready?" he asked and I nodded.

 "Gloucester here we come!"