Chapter Thirty One

Chapter Thirty One

“Dad, hurry up!” I shouted up the stairs. The van was waiting outside and my dad was half an hour late.

“I’m coming! Go and get in the van!” he called back. I shook my head at him before exiting the house to find the door of the van wide open. Jay and Tom were grinning at me and I chuckled to myself as I headed towards them.

“Dad says he’s on his way,” I told them not really believing that myself as I got into the van. I glanced over at the front door to see my dad locking it. Finally!

“Sorry about the wait. Alexis took ages in the shower,” my dad said as he got into the van. I stuck my tongue out at him as he winked at me.

“Are you excited?” Siva asked me as we set off.

“A little,” I replied wondering what it would be like on the set of a music video.

After a half an hour drive we pulled up outside a large warehouse.

“You’re shooting it here?” I asked as we all got out of the van. My dad hummed in reply to my question as we went inside the building.

My judgement towards the place completely changed as we went inside. There was a large piano on the left side of the room which I assumed my dad would be playing. The whole room was covered in fairy lights, just the perfect amount to make the room look magical.

“Dad, this is beautiful,” I said thinking he was still behind me.

“I’m Jay but whatever,” Jay replied and I laughed.

“Where’s Dad?” I asked him.

“He’s gone to get ready. Go and talk to the director if you want,” he told me and I nodded before turning away from him and walking towards the man sat in the director’s chair.

“Uh…hi, I’m Lexi, Nathan’s daughter,” I spoke. The man turned around and smiled at me.

“Hello, Alexis. My name’s Mark. I’ve been told that your father wrote this song for you,” he introduced and I nodded.

“Yeah, he did. I love it,” I replied and he smiled.

“It’s a beautiful song,” he added.

“Lexi!” my dad called. I walked towards his voice and found him sat in a chair on the opposite side of the warehouse to the director.

“What’s going on?” I asked as I looked around at the other band members.

“You’re going to be in the music video,” Tom told me and my eyes widened.

“No, no, no. Absolutely not,” I protested and Tom smirked.

“You don’t really have a choice,” Max said and I huffed.

“This is your video for your fans,” I pointed out.

“And this is your song that I wrote for you,” my dad replied.

“I dislike you a lot right now,” I told him as I was pulled into a dressing room by someone I hadn’t seen before. I saw my dad laughing before the door shut and I was attacked by various makeup brushes.

“Sit on the piano,” the director told me. I internally rolled my eyes and perched on the piano my dad was sat at.

“Right, places everyone!” the director shouted and music started to play.

“Alexis!” my dad called. I groaned and rolled out of bed.

“What?!” I shouted back.

“Get up! You’ve got school.” I groaned once again and got up from my bed. It only took my ten minutes to get organised and ready for school before I went downstairs.

“I have to tell you something,” my dad spoke and I raised my left eyebrow.

“What’s going on?” I asked.

“Sit down,” he told me and I did as I was told. “Listen, Lexi. The lads and I have been together for just over thirteen years now and it’s been an incredible adventure. We’ve all had the best time but we’ve come to the decision that we should split up,” he explained and I stared at him for a moment.

“I’m sorry?” I questioned.

“We’re going to tell the fans next week,” he added.

“You can’t split up. Don’t you see all those girls screaming your name and crying because they saw your face?! They love you.”

“Most of them aren’t much older than you Lexi.”

“I don’t give a fuck! You’ll break their hearts.”

“Don’t you dare swear at me!”

“Oh my god, you have no idea!” I shouted and he glared at me.

“I have no idea?! For thirteen years I’ve had girls telling me that I’ve saved their life and I don’t understand how. Because all I did was make music and smile and wave and hug girls. It’s incredible that they thank me for saving their lives or being their strength, it really is. And I love it so much. I love them all so much, each and every one of them. They’re perfectly imperfect and I wouldn’t change any of them for the world,” he explained. I had tears in my eyes.

“They love you, Dad. You’re their idol. And I wish you could meet them all and hug them and tell them that you love them too. Because everyone deserves to meet their idol,” I told him and he nodded.

“I love you Lexi,” he said and hugged me.