Prologue

Prologue

“I can’t believe you did this to me.”

“Christy, please. I was drunk and stupid. I never meant for it to happen.”

“I thought you loved me.”

“I do, Christy, I really do.”

“No, you don’t. If you did love me then you wouldn’t have cheated on me.”

“I’m so sorry, Babe,” he said as he placed a hand on my cheek. His thumb wiped a few of my tears away but I stepped away from his touch.

“Nathan, don’t.” He looked at my tear stained face for a moment unsure of what to do.

“Just go,” I whispered.

“Please, Christy.”

“No. We’re over, Nathan. You cheated on me. I can never trust you again.” He hesitated but left without any more of an argument. How could he do this to me? I loved him. Nathan and I had been together since the start of high school. We had just started out final year of school. We were both sixteen. Nathan and I were the heartthrob couple of the school. Wherever he was, I was. But now that had all come to an end.

Nathan had gone to a party and I stayed at home because I was ill. He got ridiculously drunk which he wouldn’t have done if I was there. Then he slept with another girl, some slut in his tutor group. She barely knew his name but I guess she gave it out for free.

I was riddled with guilt because I never got a chance to tell him the news, the news that I found out this morning, the news that could change my life or even ruin it. But I guess he didn’t deserve to know. I was carrying his baby and he’d never find out.