Chapter 6

"What are we doing here?" I asked with a huge smile on my face.

"I thought it would take your mind of things." James said while slowly taking off his shirt.

Woah! What is he doing?

"What ya doing?" I said while he was looking out to the ocean.

"Going to take a swim. You coming? " he asked turning around to face me.

Ohh my gosh! This boy had such an amazing body. He had a six pack and a deep v line. Wow I need to stop staring.

"I don't have a swim suit." I told him.

"Does that matter?" he asked looking completely serious now.

"I guess not." I said and shrugged.

I got up and began to take my shirt off to reveal my red and blue striped bra. Wow, I hope he doesn't think I'm ugly or something.

I didn't really notice he was still there until I felt eyes on me. I looked up and just as I expected he was staring at me.

"What?" I asked nervously.

Wait, why am I nervous? It's just some guy I just met. Oh wait! The most popular guy in school. The badboy.

"Nothing you just um..." he says while scratching the back of his neck.

"Never seen a half naked girl before?" I asked out of pure curiosity.

"Well not someone as beautiful as you." he said.

Did he really just say that? Why do I feel like butterflies just erupted in my stomach?

"Haha that's funny. " I say running to the ocean.

I didn't stop till I reached the ice cold water. First my legs, then all the way up to my chest. Damn, this water is so freaking cold!

I turned around to see James coming my way.

"Why did you run?" he asks as soon as he reaches me.

"I don't know." I said honestly.

"You know I meant it right?" he asks looking into my eyes.

"Do you really?" I asked.

We are little too close right now. Felt like I had no space at all, but at the same time I kind of liked it.

"Yes I do. I think you are very beautiful." he says smiling.

Why is he smiling? I hope he isn't trying to mess with my feelings. I had enough of that to last a lifetime.

Of course I did fuck up pretty badly. With Melissa well with everyone.

"Um thanks I guess." I say trying to move back to get away from him.

I don't want to get to close to anyone because all I do is ruin things and I don't know why, but I like this kid even though I don't know him.

"I'm not trying to get with you I was just... well I don't know what I was trying to do." he says nervously and I can't help but to smile at how nervous he looks.

It's just I don't know cute.

"It's okay." I laughed a little.

"So what you wanna do?" he asks changing the subject.

"I don't know can we just talk." I ask.

"Sure, but about what." he asks.

"I don't know. Anything and everything." I say smiling.

"Okay." he says while laughing.

We headed to the shore, so we could talk.

"Ask me something that you would like to know." I told him.

"Um why did you trust me?" he asks.

"What do you mean?" I ask confused.

"Like when I order your food. When you got in my car." he says.

"I don't even know to be honest with you. I guess I just felt like I could trust you." I say thinking about it.

"Even with your life?" he asks.

"This game doesn't work like that." I say laughing, but at the same time avoiding the question.

"Well tell me how this works." he says.

"You ask a question and I answer then vice versa." I say.

"Okay then ask me something." he tells me.

"Favorite movie and why." I ask trying to lighten the mood a bit.

"Um I don't have one I like a lot of movies." he says chuckling.

"Okay." I say laughing a little.

"Favorite color?" he asks.

"Red." I say.

"Why did you talk to me?" I ask because if I didn't I would probably explode.

"I don't know. I just wanted to see what you were like I guess." he says.

"Well what am I like?" I ask curious as to what he thinks.

"That's not how were playing remember?" he asks while laughing.

"Whatever." I say while cracking a small smile.

"What do you think of me?" he asks.

"Well I think you are funny and nice." I say leaving out what I think of his looks.

"Not cute, hot or handsome?" he asks smirking.

"Well yes all of those things, but it doesn't always matter about the looks ya know." I say smiling.

"That's a first." he says.

"What is?" I ask.

"Someone looking at me for me not just what's on the outside." he says.

I don't know why, but him saying this makes me feel closer to him. Like somehow after knowing him for such little time I feel a connection.

I don't know if it is just friendship or something completely different.

"What about me?" I ask.

"Well I think your beautiful, sweet and I don't know honest." he says.

"Well your the first person to think that." I say truthfully.

"Why is that?" he asks.

"Maybe because I ruin everything good that has happened in my life a friendship a relationship. You name it." I say thinking about how I did so many people wrong.

I was blind. It wasn't just me hurting, yet I chose to act the way I did. I truly do regret what I have done, but it's to late now to change things. Time to move on and make things right.

"Oh. It's not to late to change that ya know?" he says and I nod.

"I know."

"It's getting late Chloe. Let me take you home." he says.

"Okay." I say and with that we both stood up and got our clothes and headed straight for his car.