Chapter 30

"What colleges are you applying to?" James asks me.

It was time to get prepared for college, and everything else. It's our last year of school, and I sure as hell won't miss it. All these activities like prom, senior ditch day and graduation were creeping up on us.

"I really want to go to Columbia University in New York or NYU." I tell him as I sit on his couch in his room.

"You want to move there where the people are rude, and where it's crowed?" he asks looking at me for confirmation so I nod my head yes.

"Not all of them are, but I'm me so I think I can fit in with "rude" people." I tell him giving him a duh look and he smiles.

"You're not rude princess." he says coming over to where I'm sitting taking a seat besides me.

"Move back to your bed; you're taking all my space!" I say pushing him over so I won't be cramped.

"Care to join me then?" he asks with a smirk on his face making me want to slap him.

"No, Hebert the Pervert." I say and he laughs getting up.

"Babygirl, I'm not making you do anything I just want to cuddle." he says holding out his hand for me to take.

"Anyone can walk though." I tell him still not taking his hand.

"Don't make our first argument over something this lame." he tells me with his eyes holding so much amusement.

"Nothing is ever lame when I'm in it." I tell him getting up and walking over to his bed.

I came to James house because Penny was at the house with her boyfriend, and I wanted to give her privacy. Also he told me his mom has been acting really ugly towards him, and he didn't want to be there alone.

"I know, that's why I love whenever you're around me." he says as we sit on his bed.

I would have never thought I'd ever be able to be in this situation til I was older, but here I am.

"Same here weirdo." I say resting my head on his shoulder.

"I know you not calling me a weirdo." he says sending a playful glare my way and I look all around the room.

"Yes you, no one else is in here." I tell him and he laughs.

"That was a good one just know sweetheart, I'll get you back." he says adding a wink at the end.

"See weird, but anyway where did you want to go for college?" I ask him curious as to what our future together may hold.

"Honestly I don't have a dream college: yeah none." he tells me looking up for a minute before looking back at me.

"Do you want to go to college?" I ask him curiously and he looks at me blankly for a second.

"Well I have always thought of going to college, but now that it's almost time for it I really don't know." he says with a look I can't quite decipher.

"Let's look up some colleges you can apply to, and some that may interest you." I tell him grabbing his laptop that was on the end of his bed.

"What does your grades look like?" I asked him trying to see what schools would take him.

"I'm doing average like one or two A's and the rest B's." he says with a somewhat embarrassed expression.

"What does it take to get into the college you want to go to?" He asked with curiosity.

"Well your SAT scores have to at least be a 1450 to have a chance at being considered and you have to be close to top of your class." I tell him what the student guide told me when I was visiting the college.