Chapter 13

I seen a familiar figure walking into the store that I was currently in. I looked closer and realized it was Melissa.

"Melissa?" I ask trying to gain her attention before it was too late.

Just as I thought she was going to walk away she turned around and looked at me.

"What?" she asks a little curious yet annoyed.

"Do you have any plans tonight?" I ask not getting to the point yet.

"Why?" she ask clearly not in the mood to speak to me.

Truthfully I do miss my best friend. She was the only one to be there when I needed her, but we both messed up. Mainly me, if I wasn't so careless maybe we would still be friends.

"I wanted to apologize for what I've done to you." I say sincerely.

"It wasn't even about the guy Chloe." she says looking at me with a somewhat pleading look.

"What do you mean Mel?" I ask as my face twists in confusion.

"I liked that guy, but I love you. The way you acted when dad passed scared me. I just wanted you to be okay, but everytime I tried to help you would shut me out. That was what hurt me the most. You didn't seem to understand I felt like I was losing the biggest part of my life too, you." she says with tears slowly falling down her face.

"I didn't know you felt that way I'm do sorry. I love you so much Melissa I guess I was too blinded by all the pain; I didn't realize someone actually was there for me. I regret ever hurting you. I hope you can forgive me." I tell her tears in the brim of my eyes.

"I'm sorry for being an asshole to you. I guess I just wanted to hurt you the way you hurt me." she says coming near to me.

"It's fine. Can I just have my sister back?" I say coming towards her.

"Please, I miss you like crazy!" she says rushing to close the distance between us. She wraps her arms around me, and I do the same.

"One more thing." I say as I pull away from her.

"Yes?"she asks looking at me.

"Come to the party with me tonight. I promise you it will be nothing like last time. I'll be completely sober." I rant hoping she agrees so I can follow through with my plan.

"Pinky promise?" she asks holding out here pinky, so I put mines in hers.

"There's so much we need to talk about. Do you mind coming over to get ready with me?" I ask her Pinky she agrees. I never really been the one to dress girly.

"I was already going to go to the party. I wasn't looking forward to it, but now that I have my sister back I'm so excited. Of course." she says while smiling cheekly.

"You drove here?" I ask wondering if I need to call James for a ride. Would that be awkward? I mean I did just make up with her.

"Yeah." she says while she motions me to go in another store.

"I'll meet you inside I just need to make a quick phone call." I say taking out my cell phone.

I quickly put in my password, and went to my contacts for J's number. As soon as I dialed it, it began to ring.

"Hey." he says almost sounding as of he were sleep.

"Hey I'm sorry were you sleep?"  I ask feeling just a little guilty.

"Yeah don't worry about it. You okay?"  he asks clearing his throat a bit.

"Yes I'm good. J I was going to get a ride from Melissa, so you don't have to come back and get me." I tell him.

"Melissa? Weren't two enemies like an hour ago?" he asks clearly playing with me.

"We just talked it out a few minutes ago actually." I tell him smiling a little.

"Damn gurl that was fast!" he says his voice now filled with amusement.

"Shut up J." I say laughing.

"You the one who called me. Stop playing with the little bit emotions I have. I'm sensitive you know?" he says causing me to laugh.

"Well I was just trying to let you know." I say after I finish laughing.

"Aye Chloe someone wanna talk to you. " he says.

"Who?" I ask before I hear the dial tone.

Ugh that boy going to get the beating of his life when I see him.

I turn around and walk in the store to see Melissa with a few items in her hands.

"I'm back." I say as I stand in front of her looking at everything she has picked out. Dresses, skirts and skinny jeans.

"I seen you all smiley and stuff. Who is he?" she asks rather bluntly.

"Who says there is a guy?" I ask playing dumb so I didn't have to tell her.

"Spill the tea bitch now!" she says laughing while at the same time being serious.

"Ugh you might now him. I don't want you to judge me for it." I say feeling a bit afraid.

"I won't." she says waiting for me to start.

"He goes to our school, he's quite popular and his personality is just amazing. It's not like how ever school says it's all about the personality not the looks. We both know I'm shallow, so of course he cute." I tell her.

"Ooo I see you boo! What's his name? Do you think I know him?" she asks getting excited.

"I'm not sure. He is the school's badboy." I tell her and she gasps a little bit.

"James?" she questions.

"Yeah." I say confused by her reaction.

"I dated him a while back." she tells me and now it's my turn to be shocked.

"Do you still have interest in him?" I ask her a little disappointed he didn't tell me.

"Hell nah I didn't really like him in the first place. I was just being dumb going around looking for someone to fill the void of you." she explains.

"Still being a little hoe are we?" I ask playfully.

"Nah bitch I'm a player not a hoe. I'm not even a player anymore really. I've been chill for a while." she says with a little laugh.

"Well tonight is going to be one hell of a night then!" I exclaimed clapping my hands together.