Chapter 24

"Isn't Monday?" Penny asks me once she sees me in my pajamas.

"Yes, but we don't have school today." I say with relaxing on the couch.

"Why don't y'all have school?" Penny asks looking a little shocked maybe because she has classes today.

"I don't remember fall holiday or something." I tell her shrugging my shoulders.

"Not in college, enjoy this year while you can." she says making a bowl of cereal.

That reminded me I had to join a few more things in school, so I can put it on my college applications. I wonder what college James wants to go to. I'll ask him later on when I see him.

"Well I'm going be heading out in a few minutes, and mom left for work already." she says before putting a big spoonful of cereal in her mouth.

"I'm going out today, so don't worry about your precious apartment bring destroyed." I tell her looking at my phone to see it was nine in the morning, and I had a few messages.

"I wasn't." she says getting out of her chair and walking to the kitchen placing her bowl there.

"Sure." I say sarcastically.

"I have to go so I love you, and have fun with loverboy." she says walking to the door.

"Love you too Penn, and be safe." I tell her as she walks out the door leaving me alone.

"FREEDOM!" I yell laughing at my childish behavior and look at my phone again.

Mel😍👭: omg wya?? I have tea!

Badboy😏: gm bbg

I haven't talk to my girl in a while, so I decide to answer her crazy self first.

Me: at Penn's place, but we can meet up.

Not too long after she answers back.

Mel😍👭: Chance??

Me: yes I'll meet u there in 30

I love that place plus I'm hungry too. Dang I forgot that I need a ride. I don't want to use him, but he did say call if I wanted anything.

Me: gm handsome I need a favor

While waiting for him to text back I go to pick out something to wear. I decide on a black crop top hoddie and black jeans with small holes since it wasn't that cold outside.

Badboy😏: what is it C?

Me: can u come pick me up and take me to Chance to meet Mel?

Badboy😏: yuhh I'll head over rn

Me: thanks babe 😘

I grab the pads Penny gave to me, and go to the bathroom to change. Once I'm done changing I look over myself in the mirror, and frown when I see my hair.

Why can't it ever look good? I grab my brush, and put water on it. Once the brush hits my hair it starts to curl more, but it slicks it down real nicely. I put it in a low ponytail, and call it a day.

It took less than twenty minutes for me to finish getting ready, so James should be here any minute.

I walk into Penny's room grabbing my black and white stripped bag throwing my charger, wallet and flats in it. As I'm walking out her room I hear a knock on the front door.

I grab my keys, and slip on my Nike sliders.

"Hey J." I say opening the front door after looking out the peephole first.